FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
5,061 views 10 comments
by anonymous

Hi,

I've been using an RUT955 with FW RUT9XX_R_00.05.00.5 in first place. With this FW, I had issues with wifi completeley being unaccessable when conneting to WIFI Station with channels 11 and 12. Setup is:

• Wifi Station with SSID xyz
  • WIFI AP with SSID abc
  • WAN settings: Wifi Station first, mobile as failover

As long as WIFI Station xyz is in reach everything is fine. If I'm moving my RV and loose connection to WIFI Station, WIFI goes into an undefined status and the router is no longer accessable via WIFI (I need to connect via LAN cable to the router in order to change configuration). There is no failover to mobile.

If WIFI Station is connected to channels 1 to 10 it works as expected.

Now I've upgraded to FW RUT9XX_R_00.05.02.2 and subsequent to RUT9XX_R_00.05.02.5. With both FW the situation is even worse, now WIFI goes into an undefined status on every disconnect to WIFI Station. If I then connect via LAN and change configuration (disable WIFI Station), WIFI comes up again an I can connect via WIFI.

But even I've got an internet connection via Mobile, on Overview Page in WAN section it shows "IP Adress N/A" (but there is an IP Adress).

With reference to the question "RUT955 dropping wifi output" it seems that there is a bug in the WIFI implementation.

Regards,

Rudi

by
Hi

I configured the HOTSPOT Configurations to Cloud4wi and Enabled it...And also change the landing page to "https://splashportal.publicwifi.co.za?vendor=teltonika" and also the succesas key to "https://splashportal.publicwifi.co.za?vendor=teltonika".However when I connect to the Router it hangs on the last splashportal in order to connect to the internet but it send an email to congradulate me even when it doesn't access me the internet.

How do I fix this error?

4 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

It was a clean upgrade or upgraded with settings kept ?
by
It was an upgrade with settings kept.
by anonymous
Is it possible for you to make a clean upgrade ? If yes, please let me know the outcome.
by
I'm trying to do it tomorrow afternoon...
by
Same here after a clean restore too.
0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

The WAN IP display fix came out just yesterday. You can download it from here.

I'll inform Teltonika about the WiFi issue. They'll do some tests and when they find what's wrong, a firmware with a fix should be available for download from here. (I'll try to post the fix under this thread as well)

Meanwhile, if the main feature that you are using is WiFi WAN to Mobile WAN Failover, perhaps you can try an older FW version?

by
Sorry, needed some more time for testing.

What I did:

After returning to my place I added WiFi Station xyz again and then left the radio range of xyz. Same result, WiFi went to an undefined status and was no longer available. There was no failover to mobile.

When I returned into radio range of xyz, WiFi connected again and was available again.

I then downgraded the fw to 5.00.5 with all settings erased and only changed password (forced to). Then directly upgraded to 5.02.5 and did a clean setup as described in my first post (WiFi AP and WiFi Station).

When I left the radio range of xyz, WiFi again got completely lost, no failover to mobile, no more WiFi AP.

I've reported this already to Teltonika and my dealer two month ago.

If I find the time I'll do a downgrade again to 5.00.5 this afternoon.

Regards,

Rudi
by
I've downgraded to 5.00.5 yesterday and applied a configuration backup.

When I leave the radio range of my WiFi Station, WiFi disapears for about a second, then comes up again with mobile as WAN backup as it is supposed to do.

As mentioned above, this does not happen with fw 5.02.5.

Regards,

Rudi
0 votes
by
I've tested the new FW RUT9XX_R_00.05.02.8, since there are so lot of WiFi and WAN fixes according to the change log.

Failover to mobile seems to work in general, the correct mobile IP is displayed on overview page. But WiFi is still in an undefined status after failover resulting in not being available after failover as mentioned before. So no improvement with the new firmware.

Downgraded to 05.00.5 again and it works again (except for channels 12 and 13, as mentioned in my first post (said 11 and 12 there, which was a typo)).
by

I've just seen that FW RUT9XX_R_00.05.02.8 was withdrawn...

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

There is a new FW release regarding Wireless changes. If you still got issues can you let me know if this version helps ?

https://wiki.teltonika.lt/wiki/images/4/43/RUT9XX_R_00.05.03.2_WEBUI.bin
by anonymous
Hi,

I did a quick test this morning.

Installed the FW mentioned in your link and kept settings. Then left the radio range of my wifi station and the router now switched to mobile, wifi AP is still up and running  and accessable for the wifi AP clients.

I'll do some more testing later, but for now it looks good :-)

Regards,

Rudi
by anonymous
I did some more testing, also with wifi channels 12 and 13, and everything works as expected. WAN failover works from wifi station to mobile and back.

Regards,

Rudi