FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
760 views 3 comments
by
Hi,

I have a brand new RUTX09 and cant get it to work. It does not provide an IP using DHCP and if I set a static IP on my PC it still doesn't answer on 192.168.1.1.

During boot of the router all green leds of the ethernet ports turn on and of in a LAN1, LAN2, LAN3 pattern LAN4 is on the whole time.
Then it shifts to normal LAN activity but the LEDs on SIM1 starts flashing.

After LAN gets online I can see activity from my PC in wireshark, DHCP requests and such but nothing from the router.

I have tried a reset without making any difference.

Any ideas?
by anonymous
I had this issue with several units.

Check the Serial number.

If it looks old (like starting by 11022), you probably had an old hardware revision that was defective.

I am trying to get Teltonika to admit this fact through several distributors, but without success.

In the end, I will buy Huawei or Multitech or Sierra, and they can go to hell.

It is quite simple: if your unit's behaviour is completely strange (no DHCP IP after factory reset, or WebUI not displaying etc...), don't waste any time (I lost a total of 2 or 3 days in the last weeks), send it back, ask for a refund, and then, depending on your dependance to Teltonika:

-try to buy another one

-switch to another brand

David

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Does router broadcasting wireless SSID when it is powered?

Have you tried to reset router to default settings using reset button?
by
It doesn't have wifi at all so no SSID.

And there is no broadcast or anything on any of the LAN interfaces coming from the router.

I have tried to reset using the button but it didn't make any difference.
by anonymous
Sorry, I thought that you have X11..

Try to check with different PC and with another LAN cable.

If issue persist, contact with your seller, because seems it has some hardware issue.