FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
2,254 views 4 comments
by anonymous
How does carrier aggregation really work? Will it just work if my carrier supports it, or I need to do something extra on RUTX09?
by anonymous
I am manually locking to band 3 currently and I don't see any option to do band aggregation. If there's a cli command please let me know

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

Regarding to your question, RUTX09 is supporting Carrier Aggregation so it is using LTE CAT 6 upto 300MB/s throughput. 
In short you don't need to configure anything on the router, you just need to have a LTE simcard and the operator that supports LTE CAT 6.

Here is a link about carrier aggregation: Carrier Aggregation

Hope it helps. 

Regards,

Best answer
by anonymous
Thanks, and if I manually lock device to single band it won't stop carrier aggregation from working?
by anonymous
If module and operator support 2 CA on single band then you could choose it. But Its better not select single band if you want to reach full CAT6 speeds.
by anonymous

Hi Jerome,

Just reading this with interest. I have a few of these deployed and just researching an intermittant connection on one of them, I can see on all, under carrier aggregation in 'Status/Network/Mobile' that it says single.

The LTE settings are on auto appart from switching off GSM and 3G.

Do you know if this indicates that it's 'set' to single mast or just picking up a single mast??

Cheers, Dave