FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,554 views 7 comments
by anonymous
Hello community!

First of all, I've decided to buy the RUT240 for a LTE connection because of it's price and functionalities, then the problems have started.

The scenario would be: Telekom Germany Provider ( static IPV6 address ) with RUT240.

I've tried all the possibilites to bring the connection online but none of them worked, the network is registering, operator is recognized, LTE and frequency are recognized

but the router is not receiving any ip from the provider, the status is disconnected.

I gave up on this model and then I decided to buy the RUT955 in order to test some other firmware maybe this time with more luck.

With this model the problems are also persisting, I've tested at least 8 other firmwares and none of them WORKED!

I've sent the RUT955 to the seller back and now I'm struggling with the RUT240 to get it working.

I've red all the threads and articles about this problem but none of them solved my problem.

Anyone any ideas ? We wanted to implement for all our customers a fallback solution for the primary internet connection but I think it's time to switch to another

manufacturer.

3 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Currently IPv6 support both on RUT2xx and RUT9xx is under development, we can only provide TEST FW for IPv6 support:

- RUT2xx FW IPv6 support: https://community.teltonika-networks.com/?qa=blob&qa_blobid=4752122487803081630

- RUT9xx FW IPv6 support: https://community.teltonika-networks.com/?qa=blob&qa_blobid=4977516478691983161

After updating navigate to Network -> Mobile -> Internet protocol version and select IPv6, also navigate to System -> Administration and enable IPv6 support on LAN side.

Please provide a feedack regarding IPv6 support.

by anonymous

Hello,

the second firmware for the RUT9xx series it's not working ( I've already tested it yesterday )

the router is already been sent back to the reseller.

the first firmware for the RUT2xx series is also not working ( tested today )

this one I will keep it for future testing.

The problem is the same, the device isn't receiving any ip address.

Is there any final release date announced for this firmware ?

I can provide you remote access to the notebook via TeamViewer if you wanna test something on the router.

Thank you very much in advance,

Arnold Hienz

by anonymous
Can you please PM me a RUT2xx series troubleshoot file (System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot) when you encounter issue with IPv6.
by anonymous
You got PM from me.
by anonymous
Hello,

We noticed that you where using PPP, currently IPv6 support is done only for QMI. Please try changing from PPP to QMI and see if router will get IPv6 IP address.
by anonymous
Hello,

it's not working, I've already tried that, the sim card is functioning because I've had it inside my phone and tested it. ( Also tried with the RUT955 in QMI mode )

Data connection - Disconnected.

If you need any logs again please let me know.
by anonymous
Hello,

Yes, if you can provide (PM) a troubleshoot file (System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot) of RUT2xx or RUT9xx when you encounter issue with IPv6 when using QMI mode that would be great.
0 votes
by

Hello community!

I have the same problem word by word (RUT240).
It doesn't work with the last firmware...

by
Same here (also RUT240). Is the above statement about special firmware needed still true (one year later)? The current FW version seems to have (some) IPv6 support but I get no connection as soon as I switch to Dt. Telekom IPv6 APN

Thank you!
0 votes
by anonymous
Any updates on this topic?