FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
24,218 views 6 comments
by anonymous

Hi all,

Been chasing down some 4G issues we have been having with out RUT950's. After much research it appears that there have been some provider changes rolled out last year. See this link for further info.

After doing some more digging I found this and they appeared to be having the same issue, though in the end another person having the same issue ended up getting a mPCI WWAN to USB adapter so they could access the modem directly to update its firmware. I am reluctant to go to such lengths as I have multiple of these spread across multiple sites over the country.

According to what I could find from Huawei the device needs to be V 12.5 see further info here

I am unable to find any firmware updates for the RUT950 that also update the modem firmware, if someone can assist or point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your time,

Daniel

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you please provide the router's product code? It can be checked in the router's WebUI, Status → Device page.

Modem FW version will depend on this.

Best answer
by anonymous

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Product code is RUT9507O1290, however there are other product codes for our other RUT950's.

by anonymous
Hello,

Unfortunately, but only way to update modem firmware for router with this code is to use mPCIe WWAN to USB adapter and via PC flash new FW version into modem.
by anonymous
I don't have answer, but thanks for asking this, I have a lot of troubles on my old rut950 compared to RUTX09 which is flawless. Will try to update modem firmware, ordered adapter from eBay
0 votes
by anonymous

it's not that easy to download latest firmware from techship.com, maybe Teltonika team could upload it somewhere please?

by anonymous

Hi,

Firmwares for RUT9xx routers are stored in Teltonika Wiki: https://wiki.teltonika.lt/view/RUT9xx_Firmware

by anonymous
No I mean modem firmware. Huawei ME906s-158 Windows Firmware Package Updater V14.0 (12.500.00.02.00)
by anonymous
Ok, I misunderstood. However, I can't help you. Teltonika-Networks no longer produces routers with these modems, so we don't have the latest firmwares.