FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,012 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Hi!

When pinging from the CLI on my RUT950 it get replies all the time. For example pinging 8.8.8.8 works great. But if I set up a ping reboot, like the default example in RUT950 pinging 8.8.8.8 every 5 minutes and two retries it reboots all the time (after the number of minutes and retries it's set to). So ping in CLI works but the ping that "ping reboot" runs fails! Very very odd!

Anything I can do to check what is going on?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

First of all, make sure that you use the newest firmware and check whether you have selected a correct interface in ping reboot settings, if that does not help, try to delete the ping reboot configuration and create new one with the same configurations.

You can download the newest software here: https://wiki.teltonika.lt/view/RUT9xx_Firmware
by

Thanks for the reply! It's on the latest firmware (6.04.5). Interface was set to automatic.

I deleted the config and made a new one, with interface on automatic this time too. Still the same, restarts every time after retries.

So I tried to set interface manually, the only other option being "Ping from mobile". When I choose that and enter 8.8.8.8 into both SIM1 and 2 text boxes it says "One or more required fields have no value!" and I can't save the settings. Now I'm really confusd what I'm doing wrong... :-)

by
Hello - I have a large deployment of RUT240.

I am experiencing the same as above, the router is not rebooting when we have the ping reboot option on. What firmware has the issues?
by anonymous
Hello,

Could you send me a troubleshoot file? It can be found here: System-Administration-Troubleshoot. Please send me it via private message.