FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
528 views 1 comments
by
i am leaving in a few days to work onboard ship routing china-australia,

can you tell me which router seems to have the best signal range coming with the package.. i am going to use mostly simcard based internet

was thinking of rut240 but i dont know if  i will need extra antenas for what is basically 40+ KM off the coast range..

it will be only me in my small cabin... no personal boat anything, working anboard a cargo vessel

i am not looking for great speeds. just greater signal range for something 2mbps if any..

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

You can expect fastest speeds over a SIM card with RUTX09 or RUTX11. However, the issue here is that there's no way to tell what signal quality levels you can expect offshore without conducting tests on-site. You can try asking your ISP about what coverage you can expect at location you'll be staying and whether they would recommend bringing a more powerful antenna.

by
I don't have any speed expectations. I will be using Chinese SIM cards from port salesmen with 2-10gb and coming to the 2nd port (sometimes 2 discharge ports in china) is where I wanna be having signal in anchorage and continue using it. I have doubts about ISPs in china