FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
5,166 views 14 comments
by
Hello,

I have a problem with router RUT955. It cannot connect to LTE when I use static IP via APN.

I've check SIM card from "broken router" to other RUT955 router and it works fine - so it's not card/operator issue
I've check new SIM card on "broken router" and it cannot register also - that suggest router/firmware problem.
I've check other router at the same location with new SIM card and card from "broken router" - works fine in both cases - so it's no card/operator issue.

I have in use over 100 teltonika routers and problem occurred on several of them only working in LTE, when router works in 3G-only mode there in no such problem.

Once I was able to run "broken router" by activation sim card into other router and put it back to "broken router" but after two days I've lost connection with that router again (the same solution did not worked again).
by anonymous

Hello,

the problem getting worse every day. We have more and more routers down every day.

In one location we have router what was configured in the office, and traveled to location and did not work there.
We assumed that is operator fault but there is SIM registered and there in no data connection so the problem was restart of the device.

We have checked two different sim cards and still there is no mobile connection. We used other router (in the same location) and everything works (for now).

There was similar situation reported to you in January ( https://community.teltonika-networks.com/2557/rut955-no-internet-connection ) and we made every step in the same way but still we have three devices with no internet access. Operator informs us that they did not modify network in that area before the time when problem occurs.
Operator assumes that is the problem of modem installed in Telotnika's routers.

All problems start to appear after update routers to version 6.04.5. That problem occurs also in devices with 6.03.2.
We have downgraded firmware to 6.03.2 and even 5.00.5 but that did not solve our problems.

Best regards,
Grzegorz

by anonymous
We have three routers back to main office and all of them worked at start - they did not worked in specific location.
Two of them are brand new and work in LTE B1 and B20 in main office.
Last one was collected from station with installed restore point with firmware 3.02 and worked in LTE 4G - that fv did not show LTE band.
After update to fv 6.04.5, it did not work again - infiniti searching (I have troubleshoot file if you need).

I've changed config with enabling "Force LTE" and disabling "Force LTE" with reboot after each of change and router found network without any problem.
The fist boot was a little bit longer the second was much faster.

Our operator inform us that it could be fault of modem installed into routers.
These routers are going back right now to specific location to check if they work there.

Best regards,
Grzegorz

5 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Can you send me the router's Troubleshoot file via private message? It can be downloaded from the router's WebUI, System → Administration → Troubleshoot page.
by anonymous

Hello,

I've already done that with short private message.
Today we had a "technical guy" at field and it looks like the router cannot "activate" connection with network operator.
When we took SIM card to other device and make connection it works fine.
I have made factory reset in "broken one" and back sim into that device - connection was all right until first reboot.
That was only one-time fix ... because in other station that did not work.

We have exchange in one place (from many) router to brand new - and it works fine - until first reboot.
Brand new router after configuration (apn) works properly in LTE (B7) til first reboot. After that situation back to described ... we have B7 but there is infinity searching.

When we modified band to fixed other than 7 (eg. 1, 3, 20 - used in Poland) the router still looks for connection in LTE band 7 and there is continuous green LED (which suppose to mean: Connected 4G, no data session established - from manual) but in network -> mobile there is "Disconnected and Searching" status info.

When we turn on 3G-only - router gets connection in GSM900 but with no mobile data session.

This problem could be mobile Operator related also because problems begins in the same time (three times at 00:30 am) but most of our devices deal with that and make a connection after 1 hour connection gap.

The file I've send you is from the router after the factory reset which works properly after first configuration. But after the reboot it crashed with no connection.
Problem occurs in Poland (North and East Part), the mobile operator is Orange which use (according to Wikipedia) LTE B20, B3, B1, B7.

[Edit]. I just wonder why first-time config worked at specific locations and why it does not work after reboot.

Best regards,
Grzegorz

by anonymous
A little update.

We have been in two more location that did not response. Both of them freezed at "Searching" (just like described in post above).

Both of them were reset to factory setting and configured again. That time both of them did not even connect to network operator without APN.
by anonymous
Hello again,

if you need I have one extra trouble shoot file from the station which was untouched.

The first troubleshoot file I've sent you was after factory reset (as I described before).

Best regards,
Grzegorz
by anonymous
Hi,

Thank you for the Troubleshoot file. Unfortunately, I can't see the issue in the logs. I will give this file and description to Teltonika's RnD and return when I get a response.
by anonymous
Hello,

do you need other troubleshoot file from the station that was not factory-reset?

Best regards,
Grzegorz
by anonymous
Not sure it will help, but please send it, we'll see.
by anonymous
I've already sent you pm.

Looking forward to hearing from Teltonika's RnD.

Best regards,
Grzegorz
0 votes
by anonymous
(Almost) same problem here.

I purchased a RUT955 to use it in a mobile home. We mainly travel around in Denmark, Germany and Sweden. I've got a TELIA sim, which worked well from the first start. A week ago we've took a trip to Germany and Sweden. Things got worse with every reboot, I think. Sometimes it helped to connect manually to a provider, sometimes I messed around in the mobile configuration, which also helped a few times. But with no logical reason to be found. Sometimes the "disconnected"-problem came back again. After a while it took even longer and needed even more tries on "reregister" and "reconnect" mobile connection to get things to work properly. Now, back in Denmark I thought "ok, no roaming, standard configuration, older firmware.... that MUST work". (Btw. the simcard works without any problems in my mobile phone.) But it didn't. Now, after 3 hours of up- and downgrading I ended with firmware version 00.06.00.2 - and all of a sudden it began to connect again. But I really don't see, what's different than before.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Does anybody know, what's wrong here?

(I have 3 different troubleshoot-logs of different firmware configurations to look at.)

I hope, there will be a solid fw-fix as soon as possible. I don't want to be afraid of every single reboot of the device any longer...
by
I´m having similiar problems. Connection goes down. Using Telia in Sweden. Happens often a couple of times per day. I use bridge mode to a Unify USG. Internet goes down. LAN stays connected. Latest firmware. Help!
by anonymous

We have found perfect solution that worked today 5 times on 5 different routers ... but why does it work, I don't know.

We have created restore point and restore it ... "just like that" create and restore Restore Point ...
that method worked today on 5 different routers in 5 different locations.

Murphy Law: "If it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid. "

0 votes
by anonymous

Update: R&D informs me that related fixes are included in the latest FW release. It can be downloaded from here.

by anonymous
i'm sorry to inform but the newest firmware 6.05.3 version still have problem with connection.

We have noticed at at least 5 routers RUT9XX.

I can provide you toubleshot file where we noticed at least 45 connection gaps longer than 15 min in 7 last days before troubleshot creation. Problem occurs only in automatic mode only when router is using not-working band.
Because of some reason router register to Band 7 where there is no mobie data transfer and I must have changed band to manual to Band 3 and 20 where router worked properly.
by
This exact problem also plagues us now in an ever newer firmware version namely RUT9XX_R_00.06.06.1. And it is exactly as the others describe. Factory reset allows the device to connect also manual reconnects work. But as soon as the router restarts it fails to connect to lte and get an ip. For us the provider is Swisscom. I really sounds like a teltonika problem not a provider problem. Please fix this as soon as possible.
by anonymous

We have noticed again strange situation where router lost connection for 1,5h (our monitor 7:45 - 9:15 (+/- 5min)).

In logs we can se that router never lost connection (there is no information about disconnetion).
8:22:31 - Joined 3G WCDMA
8:22:47 - Joined 2G GSM
8:23:17 - Joined 3G WCDMA
9:30:05 - Reboot from ping reboot
9:30:13 - Mobile data disconnected
9:31:00 - Connected to Orange PL operator
9:31:01 - Joined 4G LTE
9:31:57 - rebooted via SMS
9:32:02 SIM SIM card slot in use: SIM 1
9:32:03 Port LAN1 unplugged / LAN2 plugged in / LAN3 plugged in / Wired WAN connection non operational
9:32:07 Mobile Data Mobile data connected, IP: X.X.X.X Orange PL

What has happened between 7:45 and 8:22 when the connection was lost?
Did ping reboot reboot whole device or just modem? (There were no info about Port unplugged like with regular reboot)
Why at 9:31 router connected to operator without obtaining IP address (which it get after sms reboot) and did not noticed problem?

I'm going to update that router to 6.06.1 to monitor if there will be a problem.

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

I have the same problems with the Rut240 (FW RUT2XX_R_00.01.14.1) in Sweden. Provider is Telia.

In some areas the connection remains. With 2 out of 3 routers, however, the connection keeps breaking off. None of the suggestions above solved my problem. Is there an update on this?
0 votes
by anonymous
I got exactly the same problem as Grzegorz right now with about 50 Routers (Type 955) allocated all over Europe, mostly in Norway. In about 3/4 of the cases they do not get any connection automatically after some kind of reboot. I have to send a technician over there to get me access via teamviewer. Then I have to search for an operator manually, connect to that operator, reboot, switch back to auto-operator, reboot again. In some cases this works for the moment, in some cases it does not. And most annoyingly: there is no garantee that it works for very long. After the next reboot (doesn't matter if done by software or by disconnecting the power supply) there is a pretty high chance it will be unable to connect to the operator again. We didn't find any plausible reasons why and when this happens and when it doesn't.

Problems with the sim cards or connection problems can be eliminated, we testet it with other devices and sim cards in the same places. Same problems.

We use Firmware 6.08.3 on all devices, which is delivery status of the newest ones. This problem seems to exist since 2019 and with firmware down to 6.00 and even lower as others in this thread already tested.

For the moment we used the "workaround" of Grzegorz from Nov 6th 2019: After performing the steps above, we create a restore Point and restore it. This seem to work for about 5 devices now. There has been no longtime testing till now whether this solves the problem permanently.

But this "workaround" is NOT A SOLUTION. Especially the manual search for operator, rebooting and setting back to auto operator takes far to much time for a series production of serveral dozen devices per month (about 10 -15 minutes if it works on first try, even longer if it does not). Also the technicians sometimes have to drive for 3 hours to the place of the devices already in use.

As described above it has to be a problem with the firmware and has to be fixed asap please. Especially since the problem exists already minimum 2 years and about 8 firmware subversions. If there is no better solution, we are forced to switch router manufacturer which I would not love to :(

Update: We upgraded all routers we could access (about 12 of them) to firmware 6.08.5. It seems like it has been fixed so far. Those routers seem not to have problems to connect to LTE anymore. We even restarted them 20-50 times for testing by taking down the power supply for a few seconds. No problems anymore. Thank you :)