FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,047 views 6 comments
by

RUT240 wlan device periodically hangs (roughly more often than once per day). (Observed at the same second on my laptop and mobile) -- e.g. my mobile phones WIFI Analyzer shows that the AP complete disappears.  No info on why in either dmesg or logread. Problem occured both in the old firmware 1.07 and in the latest  RUT2XX_R_00.01.11.1

The only log entry about the wlan service hanging I could find was in logread about hostapd kicking out WLAN clients (for each client separate entries), e.g. 

Fri Oct 25 15:17:35 2019 daemon.notice hostapd: wlan0: AP-STA-DISCONNECTED XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX Fri Oct 25 15:17:35 2019 daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX IEEE 802.11: disassociated due to inactivity
Fri Oct 25 15:17:36 2019 daemon.info hostapd: wlan0: STA XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX IEEE 802.11: deauthenticated due to inactivity (timer DEAUTH/REMOVE)

My kludge solution is to use cron and every 6 hours to ifconfig wlan0 down && ifconfig wlan0 up. Works but not pretty -- it takes a ~5-10 seconds for the WLAN service to resume after every 6. hours.

by
I am having this exact same problem. Thanks for posting the workaround (kludgy as it may be).

I have a couple of these devices (RUT240) used for different projects, and they're rock solid when using LTE, but when using it as a wifi ap client this happens several times a day.
by anonymous
I am having exact the same problem with Firmware RUT2XX_R_00.01.14. Once or twice a day, wlan stopps working without any useful log entries. The cron workaround isn't a solution for me, because my connected device needs permanent wlan connection. Any other solutions on this problem?

1 Answer

0 votes
by
Hello.

Are you using the WLAN as a Hotspot or as a simple Access point?

Did you check if the router made a reboot itself? Or is it working normally except the WLAN?

If it is rebooting, you can check the auto reboot. Services --> auto reboot --> Periodic reboot.
by
Hi,

OP here.

1) I am running RUT240 box as a simple AP mode (no hotspots).
2) When the WLAN hangs, the rest of the box seems to work ok. After once again observing the hangup, I just plugged in an ethernet cable from my laptop to the box and were able to have internet service and access the admin webui (+ log in using ssh) via ethernet. This is how I was able to look at the logs. In fact after the wlan had hung up, ifconfig still showed the WLAN as operational, while the AP did not show up in either my laptop nor my phone (I don't now enough about the RUT240 wlan hardware to check up if the driver had problems -- at least there were no relevant messages in the dmesg log). After logging in to the wlan hang up box via ethernet cable I tried the ifconfig wlan down and ifconfig wlan up and the AP showed up again.
3) No rebooting occurs, the AP just disappears (i.e. the wlan service somehow hangs)
by
Ok, i'll check if it's happening with mine.
by anonymous

Hello... I did two tests with my RUT240. At least 18h and it's working well..

Maybe you have.

- A hardware problem

- Something in your configuration.

- Something in your RF range that is interfering.

by anonymous
I have the same issue. Unfortunately the WLAN has outages everyday. I can only work without interruption when using ethernet. Has anyone found a solution or should I send the product back to the seller?