FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
1,652 views 4 comments
by
Hi,

Having problems to get the RUT950 with latest bootloader and latest firmware up and running as VPN client using ProtonVPN. Settings have been set in conjuction with ProtonVPN support.

Somehow it just does not connect. Status->network->OpenVPN screen only says "Yes" in the enabled field, all other fields show a -. (So no value in connection status etc etc)

The page Status->services says that OpenVPN client is disabled. Not possible to restart or enable.

It seems like the the VPN is broken in this firmware?

Regards,

Michiel

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous
The services page has problems (empty or wrong info) with the latest firmware. Don't worry. I don't use ProtonVPN but my openVPN client is running even with the disable info.

Open a SSH session, check ifconfig, you should see the tunnel or type logread -f and you should see ovpn messages. If not then you have effectively a problem.

Good luck.
by
Thanks for your answer, discovered i was 1 version behind with the firmware. Installed latest.

Now vpn service becomes enabled. (Visible in services page)

VPN says it is connected in the  Status->Network->OpenVPN page. Status is "connected", but IP and Mask fields show "N/A"

I cannot access the internet, so there is still a problem.

Can't understand why they don't have a ovpn file import function which makes setting up a vpn connection a lot easier.
by anonymous
Did you check with logread ?

The openvpn client config is in the folder /var/etc
by
Finally have got it up and running, still don't know why but okay.

Service screen shows the service as being disabled, and the network OVPN info page onlys shows "yes" behind Enabled, no further info about connection status.

The only way to see if it is online is using www.whatismyip.com

Firmware section for VPN is totally crap. Time for a good update including the implementation of a import function for OVPN files.
by anonymous

Hello,

Service screen shows the service as being disabled, and the network OVPN info page onlys shows "yes" behind Enabled, no further info about Thconnection status.

That's correct !

@Dziugas told me the problem is known. Wait for the correction.

Firmware section for VPN is totally crap. Time for a good update including the implementation of a import function for OVPN files.

Ask @Dziugas ... I am a user like you !