FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
4,023 views 14 comments
by
Hello there NTP and RMS service have been setup, however Router shows 'failure to connect to rms' and rms.teltonika shows device not yet connected.

please advise, thanks.
by
Same situation with my routers. I enabled rms on devices, but nothing. Still waiting to connect.
by
I have the exact same issue with a brand new RUT950 Serial 1101103074 purchased last week.

Added to system, wouldn't connect. Tried everything suggested in this thread, still no good.

Reset configuration, reflashed firmware, deleted from RMS, readded to RMS. still nothing.

Has solid connection to internet.

Thoughts?

3 Answers

+1 vote
by anonymous
Craig,

Let's keep different cases with different answers to not mix them all in one.

Can you PM me the serial number of your router ? With this information I could see your profile and the ports (depends on the profile) that are used. In some cases ISP is blocking ports required to make connection.
Best answer
by
Can you check theese serial numbers:

Thank you...
by
What ports are necessary for rms, so i can check with my ISP?
by anonymous
Hello,

Required ports are:

TCP 15000
UDP 15006
UDP 9976
by

Thank you for quick ansver, but can you check are they couse problems to device connection on serials:

by anonymous
In the system I can only see that these units have not tried to connect to the server.
by
After few times of trying to connect for theese devices, unregister and register, now for two of devices showing free licence is expired. Is it a problem?
by anonymous
Hello,

It does show license expired for 2 devices (2 first serial numbers), because previously they were added to a different profile.

In fact they had to be connected at first in order to achieve that free license.

Third router shows free license available, because it has not been connected yet ant it was never added to any different profile.

Anyways, now they do not reach the state where they check licenses information.
by
I did it because I thought I was wrong somewhere. Now I'm back to the first profile, but even when it was on that profile, it showed me the same. Can you help me somehow on this matter?
+1 vote
by anonymous
Hello,

Are you able to ping rms.teltonika.lt from your router ?
by
Yes………………………… Internet connection is ok
by

Internet connection also OK i was logged into rms.teltonika.lt through the router in question.

by anonymous
Hi again,

Okey, so now we are clear that connection issues are not coming from the router.

1. Please check if the serial and MAC information entered when adding device is correct.

2. Disable/Enable remote monitoring from the routers WebUI.

Do you got any other device working in your RMS profile or this is the only one unit ? You could PM me your device serial number so that I would be able to see it on the RMS system.
by
1. done twice

2. done many times

no i have no other devices on my profile this will be the first of many, in the RMS licences i cannot enable the device as it says the device is not yet connected.
The rut950 says failure to connect to server, or connecting to tunneling profile.
0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Had the same problem with one unit out of the batch of 10 that I have purchased.

The solution was to flash it with the previous version of FW  - https://wiki.teltonika.lt/wikibase/images/0/01/RUT9XX_R_00.06.04.5_WEBUI.bin

When you downgrade it also wipes the config, after that I was able to connect it to RMS without any problems.

After I have connected to RMS I have updated the router via FOTA update to the latest, and it's still happily connected.

HTH

TBP