FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
2,134 views 5 comments
by

Hello I recently aquired a rut950. I can see a huawei chip inside it, though I'm not if sure the two halves are meant to come apart so its hard to see it clearly.

I put a three uk sim card in and it works but is rather slow. I suspect its picking the wrong band automatically. I have installed the latest firmware but mine sadly does not have a band select option in the mobile settings? 

I read the various guides but I'm afraid I'm not smart enough to tell exactly what the instructions are telling me.

I tried

ifdown ppp

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; line-height: 16.0px; font: 14.0px Helvetica; color: #000000; -webkit-text-stroke: #000000; background-color: #ffffff} span.s1 {font-kerning: none} span.s2 {font: 12.0px 'Andale Mono'; font-kerning: none}

gsmctl -A 'AT+QCFG="band"'  

ifup ppp

Which turned my connection on and off but just gave ERROR when I tried gsmctl -A 'AT+QCFG="band"'  .

I think I only really need three commands. 

How to display the current band being used. 

How to fix the LTE band to 1800 and 

How to turn it back to Automatic afterwards. 

If anyone could tell me what to type in it would be appreciated. 

Thank you.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

To answer your question I would need to know the router's firmware version and product code, because the used commands may depend on the code. You can check for the product code in the router's WebUI, Status → Device page. (Should be the second field from the top of the list.)

Edit: the answer is in the comments.

Best answer
by
Thank you do much for replying. Here are all the details from the device page and the firmware page.

Product code RUT9501010N0
Batch number 0017
Hardware revision 0202
Modem
Model ME909u-521
FW version 12.636.11.01.00
Current Firmware Information
Firmware version RUT9XX_R_00.06.04.5
Firmware build date 2019-08-26, 05:31:38
Kernel version 3.18.44
Bootloader version 3.0.1

by anonymous

Ok, you have an older model. So, the command is different. The syntax is:

• AT^SYSCFGEX=<acqorder>,<band>,<roam>,<srvdomain>,<lteband>,<reserve1>,<reserve2>

I'll skip explaining the other parameters for brevity's sake, since the relevant one is <lteband>.

<lteband> is a hexadecimal value that specifies the LTE frequency band. The value of <lteband> can be one of the following values and their combinations:

• 7FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF(CM_BAND_PREF_ANY) Any frequency band
  • 1(CM_BAND_PREF_LTE_EUTRAN_BAND1) LTE BC1
  • 2(CM_BAND_PREF_LTE_EUTRAN_BAND2) LTE BC2
  • 4(CM_BAND_PREF_LTE_EUTRAN_BAND3) LTE BC3
  • 10(CM_BAND_PREF_LTE_EUTRAN_BAND5) LTE BC5
  • 40(CM_BAND_PREF_LTE_EUTRAN_BAND7) LTE BC7
  • 80(CM_BAND_PREF_LTE_EUTRAN_BAND8) LTE BC8
  • 80000(CM_BAND_PREF_LTE_EUTRAN_BAND20) LTE BC20
  • 40000000(CM_BAND_PREF_NO_CHANGE) No band change

So, for example, to manually lock band 3 (LTE 1800), you would have to use these commands:

• ifdown ppp
  • gsmctl -A 'AT^SYSCFGEX="99",3FFFFFFF,2,4,4,,'
  • ifup ppp

To set it back to automatic:

• ifdown ppp
  • gsmctl -A 'AT^SYSCFGEX="99",3FFFFFFF,2,4,7FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF,,'
  • ifup ppp

Other parameters in the AT commands I provided are meant not to change any other settings, just the LTE band.

by
That is awesome. Thank you so much. It appears to work. Exactly what I wanted.

I don't suppose there is a command to display what band it is currently using? Thanks
by anonymous

Did some digging and found the command:

• gsmctl -A 'AT^HFREQINFO?'
The response syntax is:
  • ^HFREQINFO:<n>,<sysmode>,<band_class>,<dl_fcn1>,<dl_freq1><dl_bw1>,<ul_fcn1>,<ul_freq1><ul_bw1>
What you're looking for is <band_class>. So if the router is using band 3 (LTE 1800), the response should look similar to this:
  • ^HFREQINFO:0,6,3,1850,18700,20000,19850,17750,20000
Band values are displayed as such:
  • 1 - LTE band 1
  • 2 - LTE band 2
  • ... ...
  • 41 - LTE band 41
  • 42 - LTE band 42
  • 43 - LTE band 43 
The command wasn't in the manual for your module, but I found it in a manual for another module, tested it and it works.
by
Hello,

I have the same problem but I have device with below parameters:

Product code RUT950GG12C0

Batch number 0021

Hardware revision 0808

Modem Model LE910-EU V2

FW version 20.00.402

Information which I was able to get from router is that I need to lock my band on cell id 68745227

Regards,

Greg