FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
942 views 7 comments
by anonymous

We are using hundreds of RUT 955 routers all over Europe with fix private IP address SIMs.  Very often getting an IP for the wwan0 takes quite long, hours or even days. In this time the modem is connected to a network operator and joined LTE. But the data connection state remains disconnected and no IP is assigned to wwan0.

On the other hand the SIM portal of our provider shows an active data session. But no ping to the router or from the router or other connections are possible.

We are in close contact to our provider and they investigate quite a lot but did not found any reason for this behavior on the network side. This actually fits to our observation that if we are using a Huawei data stick (works like a router) with the same SIM this stick gets an IP strait away.

by anonymous
Hi,

We are experiencing the same issue on our modems. We are seeing this on 00.06.04.5 FW. Did you get any answers from the technician team, and what FW did it occur with you?

Thanks in advance.
by anonymous

Hi,

unfortunately I did not get an answer till now. I am thinking about how to escalate to put more pressure on solving costumers serios issues.

But you mention an interesting point. We are using the same FW. 

Regards

by anonymous
Would be really interesting to  FWupgrade the modem and see the results after that.
by anonymous
Hi,

yes it looks like that the new firmware solve this issue. The router gets the mobile IP straight away.

Regards

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

It happens after some time? or since you bought them they're working in this way?

It doesn't happen with mine, it take the wan ip inmediatly. Of course, if the APN is configured correctly.
by anonymous

Hi,

it happens already the first time I set the routers up. The APN is correct and as I mentioned the SIM provider shows a live data session. And at some point the data connection is established. This would be not the case if the APN wouldn’t be correct. We really need to solve this issue. If we are onsite we can not spend hours until we can test the connectivity of the routers attached devices.

What do you need me to provide for further investigation? What is interesting is that dnsmasq runs with more the 50% CPU load all the time.

3781     1 nobody   R      968   1%  63% /usr/sbin/dnsmasq -C /var/etc/dnsmasq.conf -k

If necessary we could also get the providers tech team involved.

Regards

by anonymous

Hello,

Can you please send me a private message with the troubleshoot file and a backup file of your router to test it in my RUT955?

I can compare it with mine and if i find something different i can try to help you a little more.

Troubleshoot --> You can download it from System --> Administration --> Troubleshoot --> Troubleshoot file "Download."

Backup --> You can download it from System --> Administration --> Backup --> Backup archive: "Download."

Regards.

by

How I can write you a private message?

It is annoying. I have here a router and I wait already since 2 days until it picks up a mobile IP. The configuration is not done manually. It is always copied from a master. I need to test the connectivity before I can ship the routers to the costumers. And they are waiting for it!