FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,735 views 7 comments
by
Hi Telktonika tech support.

I ordered a RUTX11 a few moment ago so I have no experience with this device.
But as far as I understood from the wiki page / manual the failover function will swap to the WAN connection when no mobile connection is available.

We will use the RUTX11 as a backup sollution for video streaming. So most of the time we have a decent WAN connection, but we need to have a backup 4G/LTE connection when WAN fails.

Is this possible with the RUTX11 ?
Or maybe you can treat this as a feature request if not.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Yes, that is possible, go to NETWORK>FAILOVER there enable which interfaces you want to use as backup. It will switch to the backup WAN when the main one is not working. As soon as it starts to work again it will switch back.

by anonymous
Have an issue, failover does not work..

WAN is primary FTTH connecton, LTE second.

We want to switch to LTE only when primary WAN fails, and then return primary WAN ,  aftr reconncet.

How to setup in RUTX09?
by anonymous

May I ask what issue you have experienced? What happens when you simulate wired WAN connectivity loss? How do you test it? In order to configure Failover you only need to go to Failover settings and enable which interfaces you want it to use. In order to switch which interface you want to use as primary, you only need to drag the interface name to the first position. (P.S. don't forget to press save after making configurations). If that does not help, I would also need your Troubleshoot file which you can download by going to router's WEBUI SYSTEM>ADMINISTRATION>TROUBLESHOOT (send me it via private message).

by
After first tests this seems to work.

But what about priorities ?
I prefer to have WAN as primary interface (always use WAN interface if it has connecion)
As a secondary interface I would like to have Mobile connection.

Where can I configure these priorities  or prefered interface ?
by anonymous

You can set that by going to NETWORK>WAN settings and dragging the preferred interface to the first position. (P.S. don't forget to save the settings.)

by

dragging the prefered interface to the top position seems to work. Thanks for your answer.

But I have another issue with the failover configuration.
The failover was set up as described above (WAN and first Mobile connection set to ENABLE)
Then I disabled the first mobile connection as you can see in the screenshot below.
After a reboot I found then the network WAN setting this info :

mobile connection is disabled , but status still running and RX / TX data counting,
Failover seems disabled but when I check the failover settings for this mobile connection it is enabled.
This screenshot was created after a reboot of the RUTX11 (FW 00.02.00.2)without changing any settings.

by anonymous
Thank you for letting us know, I will forward this information to our technicians.
by anonymous
Seems like im having this same issue when im trying to turn On Sim1 and Sim2 as failover however it can only recognise sim1 and sim2 showing stopped status.