FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,468 views 9 comments
by anonymous

Because I didn't get an answer for my comment on previous questions on https://community.teltonika-networks.com/10071/rutx11-firmware-rutx_r_00-02-00-wirelles-problems?show=10874#c10874

I repeat it:

Thanks for 2.00.2. It works better. But I have still issue with this version.

Steps to reproduce:
1. No wwan interfaces for 5GHz
2. Add interface as Client Mode:

3. RUTX11 connected to SSID:

BSSID is still incorrect. For me (for ClientMode) should be BSSID of connected AccessPoint

4. Add new virtual interface as AP
5. 5GHz wireless stop working:

6. Link to troubleshoot file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xjsOpFdlhYge1SHgHU3u32T5ceaFpykZ

What about my previous questions?
1. Will wpa_supplicant option bgscan will/should work? If yes where can I write this option? When I put it to /etc/config/wirelles the option not moving to wpa_supplicant.config
2. After a switch to mac80211 WiFi driver, the wpa_cli command disappeared. Will you plan to restore this command? I was planning test: "wpa_cli [options] roam BSSID"

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

I managed to replicate the BSSID issue, but could you please tell me more about the steps you took to make 5Ghz wireless to stop working?
by anonymous

Steps:

1. No network configured for 5GHz

2. Scan and join to know SSID

3. Change Channel to auto, ESSID to know SSID name, BSSID to null

4. For now, everything is ok. RUTX11 connected to SSID

5. Add new virtual AP

6. After that 5GHz wireless stops working

by anonymous
May I ask why you chose auto mode again although when you scanned network it chose the channel automatically? Regarding the BSSID we already informed our technicians.
by anonymous
Because we want to install RUTX11 in AutomatedGuidedVehicle. And this AGV will drive around the production hall which is associated with roaming between AP's. So I don't what choose specific channel because those AP's will have different channels at this production hall.

Second: when I did it the same steps on 2.4GHz it works.
by anonymous
Thank you for all the details. I will forward this information to our technicians.
by anonymous

Thank you

Please ask them also for:

1. Will wpa_supplicant option bgscan will/should work? If yes where can I write this option? When I put it to /etc/config/wireless the option not moving to wpa_supplicant.config
2. After a switch to mac80211 WiFi driver, the wpa_cli command disappeared. Will you plan to restore this command? I was planning test: "wpa_cli [options] roam BSSID"

by anonymous
Hello,

BSSID will be fixed and wpa_cli will be added in upcoming update. If you want to use AP/Client at the same time, use 20MHz channel width and it will work. Regarding the roaming between AP, we suggest you to not create on the same AP interface, just STA (client). Or to create client mode interface without auto channel.
by anonymous

If you want to use AP/Client at the same time, use 20MHz channel width and it will work

I checked it before. It also not working.

Regarding the roaming between AP, we suggest you to not create on the same AP interface, just STA (client). Or to create client mode interface without auto channel.

It is a proposition for now until you will fix this issue?

by anonymous

Try to restore your router to it's factory settings and try again. If it still does not work, try to reboot the router and wait a few minutes it should start.

It is a proposition for now until you will fix this issue?

It is a suggestion to configure it this way.

by anonymous

Try to restore your router to it's factory settings and try again. If it still does not work, try to reboot the router and wait a few minutes it should start.

I did it many times without success.

In log file always have logs similar to this:

- cat: can't open '/var/run/wifi-phy1.pid': No such file or directory

- cat: can't open '/var/run/wpa_supplicant-wlan1.pid': No such file or directory

And why in firmware version 1.0.6 it works well?