FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,029 views 6 comments
by anonymous

Hi, I've noticed that one of my RUT240 devices has stopped updating RMS correctly, it hasn't updated since 2nd November, RMS knows it's online etc. but there is no detail for temp, uptime, connection status, location etc.  I've tried to manually refresh, reboot, I also removed an re-added the router to RMS, but nothing seems to the updating.

I believe this stopped working after I upgraded to F/W RUT2XX_R_00.01.11.1 but can't be absolutely sure, I have another RUT240 running the previous F/W which is updating RMS fine.

My company name is RFGHome if this helps in diagnosing the problem.

Any thoughts?  TIA

by anonymous

OK more progress, noticed that the Bootloader was still V2 so updated to V3.1.  So a combination of Bootloader 3.1 and RUT2XX_R_00.01.10 is fine, I upgraded the F/W to RUT2XX_R_00.01.11.1.  This time the forced updates worked - so it looks like a combination of boot loader 2.x and the new Firmware created the issue.  It's not quite all great, I did notice that the WAN state and IP address in the latest setup wasn't updating, so have temporarily gone back to 1.10 F/W  

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Regarding to your issue, how since when did the device been connected to RMS?
Does your RMS account have sufficient credits for this device? Because there is
only a month free RMS credit for each new device. If you do have enough credit
could you provide screenshots of the issue your having?

Thank you and have a nice day!

Regards,
Jerome
by anonymous
Hi Jerome, thanks for taking the time to answer.

The device has been on RMS for approx a year, I obtained a second device which runs offshore, so I decided to buy credits for the RMS service to monitor both the devices on 22/10/2019.  So the router was connected (with valid credits) between 22/10 and 02/11 and the graphs and update history were being populated between those dates.

I've just logged into RMS and have found that there is now a single monitoring update that has happened on 9th Nov @ 21:45, if I try to "force update" nothing happens, there's no change and no new record added to Device Update History.

Dynamic Monitoring is set to 5 mins and Static to 15 days, probably don't need to send a screenshot?  Basically the monitoring details page is showing the last successful update on 9th Nov @ 21;45, this of course should be updated every 5 mins.

Thanks, Rob
by anonymous
Hi,

Could you try to disable RMS and reboot the router then enable RMS option again?
And is there a sufficient data allocation on the device? Like if it's getting network connectivity.

Regards,
Jerome
by anonymous
Hi Jerome, thanks, tried that no difference unfortunately, even though the router has been re-booted twice to it's reporting that it's been up for 3 days, tried a force update but still isn't working.  Yes there's plenty of bandwidth to update, it's always connected to the internet.

Thanks, Rob
by anonymous

As an update I've rolled the router F/W back from RUT2XX_R_00.01.11.1 to RUT2XX_R_00.01.10 this appears to have resolved my issue, seems like F/W 1.11.1 may have a problem when updating RMS.

by anonymous
Adding more to this, I have recently purchased a third RUT240 immediately updated the base router to RUT2XX_R_00.01.11.2 and have seen that the Device Connection Type is always "Unknown" on RMS (this router is Mobile only).  This is also happening on one of my older routers that I upgraded to that firmware (uses Wired WAN and Mobile fail over).  When I look at the WAN State and WAN IP on both of these devices in the update they are both always empty.

Seems to me there's a bug in this Firmware.