FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
788 views 2 comments
by

Hi I am considering buying a RUTX09 LTE router to couple with a LTE-A 300mbit subscription.

I plan to use roof-mounted directional antennas and mount the router on my roof. To limit the number of cables I need to utilize PoE.
My question is if the "passive" PoE in the RUTX09 can handle gigabit ethernet speeds or if it will only operate in limited 100Mbit mode.
The reason for my suspicions is that the wiki RUTX09_Powering_Options shows a ethernet pinout with four wires used for power and only two pairs is used or data RX+/- and TX+/-. A normal gigabit connection would most often fallback to 100Mbit mode i only two pairs are connected.

If anyone is using the RUTX09 with PoE I would be really interested to know if the link you get is 1000 or 100 Mbit. Even better if someone had tested the ethernet link speed with iperf (between router and pc).

Best Regards
Daniel

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Our routers don't support 1Gbit PoE, it will only work as 100Mbit. But there might be gigabit PoE injectors and splitters available in the market which would solve this issue.
by
Thank you for your prompt reply!. Is there some source of information that i have missed? or maybe this is something that should be added in the wiki...
This might also explain why on some online benchmarks your router got below 100Mbit on a 300Mbit connection.

I will look into Injector/splitter combination,

Best Regards
Daniel
by anonymous
Well, that is not mentioned in the wiki, but we will do so in the future.