FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,159 views 10 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

On events "digital relay output on/off" there is no way to send an email: why ?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Because outputs are triggered by the router itself, not by external factors. For example, inputs are triggered by external devices, so there is the possibility to configure rules that execute certain actions on that event. Output states, on the other hand, are changed either manually by the user or by some automatic configuration (like input rules).

Is there a particular reason why you need events reporting on output state changes? I'm asking because the function isn't there because there's never been any need for it.
by anonymous
yes because I manage with the relay the heating of a house localized at 250km

An email will give the certitude of the actions
by anonymous
Ok, in that case I'll be happy to register a suggestion for RnD.
by anonymous
But wait, what controls the relay?
by anonymous
Another relay. Why ?
by anonymous
You can't connect another relay to the output, so I assume it's connected to an input on RUT955 and changes the input state, which probably triggers an input rule that changes the RUT955's relay state. Why not configure a corresponding input rule that sends an email when the input status changes?
by anonymous
No, I connected a relay to the pin 5 powered by the pin 10: the RUT955 intern relay triggers this relay.
by anonymous

Hello Dziugas,

Because outputs are triggered by the router itself, not by external factors. For example, inputs are triggered by external devices, so there is the possibility to configure rules that execute certain actions on that event. Output states, on the other hand, are changed either manually by the user or by some automatic configuration (like input rules).

I wasn't convinced by your argumentation. A user could be considered as a device. Besides the Wiki says : various states updates can be report.

I discovered that is was possible to send an email on events with event type = Config change and event subtype = input/output !!!

But ...

I configured an event reporting with that and I never received any emails.

Note that my other event reportings run correctly.

What I noted:

• the field "Message text on Event" has not a %es for showing the subtype (or is it %ex ?).
  • logread logs the text "new event "Output" "Digital relay output on"

Conclusion (?): Event reporting could also do it

What your opinion ?

by anonymous
Hi,

Your method doesn't work because it's meant to report config changes in the Input/Output page, not state changes. An output state change does not modify the config.

So it's not possible via Events Reporting unless we add Events Reporting on output state change.
by anonymous
And by pressing the button "Turn on" in the ON/OFF page, this is not considered as a config change ?

It's a pity.
by anonymous

No, On/Off just changes the state. The switches in the "Output Configuration" change the config, though. This question is described here.