FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
760 views 6 comments
by anonymous
FW: 6.05.1

Since this latest version, I have frequently the event "Signal strength dropped below <value>".

What does it mean ?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Where do you get this message? In the logread? What else is configured on the router?
by anonymous

Hello,

In the System Events list and in the logread.

Mobile, VPN, Wifi, WAN, LAN

by anonymous
It's spam in the logread informing of signal strength changes. Intended to help when troubleshooting.

It's appearing on its because your signal strength is apparently jumping between < -59 and > -60.
by anonymous
It doesn't help (redundant with status > graph > mobile signal) and it is rather embarassing because that fills the log: look at the image i sent to you !
by
I agree with @jpc

I suggest an option disable/enable but imho it's unuseful because the signal strength is never stable.
by anonymous
Hello,

Small update: I got a message from RŲD regarding this case. They say they'll remove the message in the next FW, leaving it only when a related Events Reporting rule is created.
by anonymous
Small update but great decision: the logs become unreadable !