FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
2,586 views 9 comments
by anonymous
RUT950 -Modem not detected

My RUT950 does not connect to internet via Mobile. I can only connect via WAN cable. When I check the Mobile configuration at "Network -Mobile-General" there is a field with red background saying "Modem not detected". The RUT950 was purchased recently and seem to be produced in April 2019.

Regards,

Kristoffer

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Can you provide a screenshot of the this situation? Also, can you send me the router's Troubleshoot file via private message? It can be downloaded from the router's WebUI, System → Administration → Troubleshoot page.

EDIT: based on the info provided in the comments below, the issue was related to the router's hardware. Therefore, it had to be sent for repair/replacement.

by anonymous

Hi,

Thank you for your support. Below you find a screenshot of the screen with the error message for "modem not detected".

Screenshot "modem not detected"

There is also one more error that occurs, this error is illustrated with the two screenshots below. First screenshot shows the landing page after signing in to the router, it is some kind of configuration guide. If I press on the tab "step2 -Mobile", highligted in the screenshot, then I end up on a page with the error message shown in the screenshot further down.

Screenshot -Start guide, then press step 2 mobile

Error message after pressing "step 2 -mobile"

I got the router in August this year and I already have several RUT950 since before, the product is normally fantastic. The router worked perfectly the first day, it was plug and play with mobile SIM card and worked seamlessly for some 12 hours. When I woke up the day after installing the router I got this problem with no Internet via Mobile. Over night the router was not exposed to any external forces, humidity or anything like that. I tried a lot of different settings but nothing has helped so far. I gave in and let the router without use for some months and only gave it a second try a couple of days ago, this time I tried updating the firmware. The firmware update went well but it did not solve the problem.

I have sent you the troubleshooting file in private message.

Regards,

Kristoffer

by anonymous

Hello again,

I received the Troubleshoot that you sent, but I don't think this is the correct file. It was downloaded 11 days ago (on 16 November) and based on the logs the router has a wired connection and a mobile connection, both of which are running successfully. To see the issue in the logs, the Troubleshoot has to be downloaded while the issue is present.

In any case, the screenshot you provided tells me that the vid and pid values are missing on the /etc/config/system file, because that is what triggers the message you encountered. Performing a factory reset should restore these values if nothing more serious is going on with the modem.

Can you perform a factory reset and tell me if it solved the issue? If not, can you then send another Troubleshoot file (based on the description above)?

by anonymous

Hi,

Unfortunetly I could not solve the issue with a factory reset. 

First i disconnected the cable from WAN.  Then I performed a factory reset: I pressed the reset button for some 15s and then released it. The router restarted and I had to sign in using the default credentials from factory. I followed the settings wizard: syncronised the time with browser, then selected Time Zone, pressed next. See screenshot below.

Interesting thing to notice here is that I ended up on step 3: the wizard skiped step 2 "mobile". 

When I try to click on mobile tab in the wizard, I get the same or similar error message as previously, see screenshot below.

Also the error message "modem not detected" is still there, see below screenshot.

Since the problem remained I have downloaded I new troubleshoot file and shared with you in a private message. The troubleshoot file was created by clicking on the "download button" next to "troubleshoot file" showed in the screenshot below.

Regards,

Kristoffer

by anonymous

Thanks for the new Troubleshoot. This tells all I need to know, but unfortunately it looks like there's an issue with the mobile module, the router cannot detect it for some reason. This means that this is a warranty case.

Fill out this RMA form and wait for a Teltonika sales manager to contact you. They will ask you some questions in order for a Teltonika engineer to determine whether the device needs to be sent for repair/replacement. I suggest giving the Troubleshoot file you sent me and you can also give a link to this forum thread.

You can read more about our warranty policy here.

by anonymous
ok, thank you very much for your support Dziugas.
by anonymous
Thank you for the information in this thread guys. I've just lodged a warranty claim with my supplier for a RUT955 from Batch 111 based on this advice.
0 votes
by

Hi,

I also have this issue - factory reset results in the setup wizard crashing at the mobile stage and if you get through it the routers says the modem is not detected.

Can I RMA this product for a warranty repair? It was purchased through a distributor (Elvaco) and failed within a year of my receiving / installing it, but I've only just has the time to try understand the fault. (I replaced it with a new RUT950 when on site)

If it is helpful the plug in power supply for this unit had failed when I arrived (in my experience about 50% of these fail within 2 years if installed in a warm boiler room so I have stopped using them) and the router could have been subject to brownout conditions from this failed power supply.

by
Hi,

We have bought new RUT950 and it has exactly the same problem "Modem Not Detected".

Please help how could we get this issue solved. It is critical for us.

Thanks

Taimur
by
I had the same "Modem no detected" error in RUT955 and it went away after I disabled the pin code from sim card with a phone. Reseated the SIM card and everything was working again.
by anonymous
Hi I have a RUT240 with this exact same problem. Modem not detected. I purchased it 4 days ago and this happened while I was setting it up for the first time. Is there a solution to this problem?