FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
570 views 2 comments
by

Has RUT9XX_R_00.06.05.1 introduced a bug that causes the client name in the response to be displayed in hex rather than character format?

by anonymous
I submitted this over 12 months ago and still present in version RUT9XX_R_00.06.07 while not the most drastic issue it would be nice to see it resolved especially as we are now using multiple ovpn clients on some routers.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Can you provide a corresponding screenshot? I've been testing this for a while now and with different FWs and I can't find the name displayed in HEX anywhere.

A possible cause could be if you upgraded from an older FW that still turned OpenVPN instance names into HEX. However, even with these older FWs the name was in HEX only in config files, not anywhere in the WebUI.
by

Further Info. The hex is only displayed in disconnected state. In attached snapshot RUT950 upgraded from 6.04.5 to 6.05.1 while VPN connection active between 8:08 and 8:17. Even after reboot disconnected message displays in hex. Router believed to have been supplied with 6.04.5. and disconnected status message fine before upgrade.