FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
807 views 6 comments
by anonymous
Im using profiles on a RUT955 to change IO settings between night and day. the issue is that as the profiles switch, RMS shows the device as offline. Is there anyway to get around this? was thinking maybe the monitoring frequency could be raised for this alert?
by anonymous
Hello,

For security reason when switching profiles a RMS monitoring is disabled on device. Simple make sure on all profiles RMS is enabled.

Change profile navigate to System -> Administration -> RMS and enable it or you can do it by SMS command: monitoringon.

Example: Admin01 monitoringon (where Admin01 there should be routers admin password).
by
Hi. RMS monitoring is on both profiles... the device signs back in immediatly, but there is a short period with its offline with RMS. any other ideas?
by anonymous
This is not an answer. It's a bug. RMS will report device offline when switching profiles. Please be warned

1 Answer

0 votes
by
Hi. RMS monitoring is on both profiles... the device signs back in immediatly, but there is a short period with its offline with RMS. any other ideas?
by anonymous
Have you configured mobile settings or any other WAN related settings on both profiles? I tested on my RUT955 and everything works just fine.

Recommend double cheking if RMS monitoring is enabled for both profiles, also if possible can you please PM me a x2 troubleshoot files from that device?

x1 when using one profile and another troubleshoot file when using other profile?
by anonymous
Hi. I have sent you a PM with both files. RMS is enabled in both profiles, and both use the same mobile data settings. The device still shows online in RMS after the profile switch, but i get the email alert saying its gone offline
by anonymous
Hello,

The reason is why you are getting e-mail with alerts of device going offline is that when you change profile device is rebooted and for that reason device looses internet connection and disconnect from RMS, after reboot devices has internet access and connects to RMS system.