FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
556 views 2 comments
by
how can i transfer data over RS232 with more than one port number?
by
Please don't refer me to lan ports, because the only connection method allowed is RS232, and we have data over 5 different port must be transmitted which 2001,2404,9000,9001,9002.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Did I understood you correctly that you want to send data from RS232 to your server's 5 different ports?

Even though there should not be a need for that, you can accomplish this if your RS232 device can be programmed to use custom commands. I.e. in RUT955 you could use "console" RS232 mode. Then connect with your RS232 device to RUT955 via console, establish TCP connection to desired IP:Port and send data via this TCP connection. Once transfer is done, terminate the connection and repeat the process using different IP/Port.
by
The device been connected to the router doesn't have a console, it's kind of embedded system hardware.

The device is sending data via the router periodically with every minute via a certain port number, some time we get stuck with this port number and we need to connect with a different port number using the same serial port.

Is there is a kind of wild card port number, which allow to connect using serial without defining a certain port number?