FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
619 views 1 comments
by

I have a TRB140 here with new updated firmware (TRB1400_R_00.01.05). I need to place a switch inbetween to connect a PLC to the router, without I am not able to reach the PLC directly. Is there a problem with "auto MDI/MDIX?

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Not that I'm aware of. I did a couple of quick tests with both a crossover cable and a straight cable with and without a switch and it seemed to work fine.

• Do you have more TRBs or just the one? If you have more, are the others acting the same way?
  • Can you draw the topologies (one that works, one that doesn't) so I'm sure I'm getting everything?
  • What is the model of the PLC?
by
Hello!

Yes, I tried this with two TRB´s with same result. The PLC is a standard HVAC controller and also here I checked with two different brands. When I place a ethernet switch inbetween, the connection works perfectly. Is there something wrong in my firewall settings?
0 votes
by anonymous
Hello, I have the same problem.
Connecting PLC or a sensor with cable directly to TRB140 doesn't work, only through switch. I tried straight and cross cable and it won't help.
I tried to connect a PC and RaspberryPi directly and that works. Green light on the ethernet port blinks in approx. 1 sec interval. Unit is updated to the latest firmware.

Any kind of help is highly appreciated.