FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,050 views 2 comments
by anonymous
FAT32 drives mount and shares can be accessed as expected.

NTFS mounts, but access denied. Same with EXT4.

exFAT does not mount at all.

I could try to install missing packages using CLI/SSH. Could anyone kindly advise where to look?

Thanks

3 Answers

+1 vote
by anonymous

Resolved, with Simonas' advice and some experiments.

Firstly, I installed kmod-fs-ext4 and kmod-fs-ntfs. EXT4 started working, but not NTFS (neither write nor read).

Then I installed ntfs-3g, unmounted and re-mounted USB manually and it worked. But after reboot and automatic mounting the problem continued.

After some tests and trials, I decided to remove kmod-fs-ntfs but left ntfs-3g. This has resolved the issue fully. Now ntfs USB drives are mounted and accessible via smb both after restart and hot-plugging.

Thanks for your help!

Best answer
+2 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

try over ssh:

opkg update

opkg install kmod-fs-ext4 --force-depends

opkg install kmod-fs-ntfs --force-depends
by
Thanks. I am totally fine with read-only, but I cannot even read... When trying to enter the shared folder (Windows 10, Windows 7), it asks for credentials, and then says that access is denied.

Credentials should be OK, as they work fine with FAT32 and EXT4
by anonymous
NTFS is mounted as read only.

To mount r/w it you need to install ntfs-3g tools.

There is an instruction:

https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/storage/writable_ntfs
0 votes
by
Thanks. I am totally fine with read-only, but I cannot even read... When trying to enter the shared folder (Windows 10, Windows 7), it asks for credentials, and then says that access is denied.

Credentials should be OK, as they work fine with FAT32 and EXT4