FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
669 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I am using C# ssh.net to access a RUT955 to query the RSSI levels.

I am finding that the RUT995 is very slow to respond (as in 10-15 seconds) when the SSH connection is made and sometimes the              connection times out. It seems to be worse immediately after the RUT955 is powered up

ConnectionInfo ConnNfo = new ConnectionInfo("192.168.0.1", 22, "root",

new AuthenticationMethod[]

{

// Pasword based Authentication

new PasswordAuthenticationMethod("root","xxxxxxxx"),

}

);

ssh = new SshClient(ConnNfo);

try

{

ssh.Connect();

post_message("RUT955 Connected OK ");

WM_R_connected = true;

item.Text = "SSH Connected";

}

Any ideas about how to achieve a quicker connection would be appreciated

Thank You

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Are you speaking of remote or local SSH?

If it's remote then it's supposed to be slower. How much slower depends on connection quality. At high signal levels the speed is almost indistinguishable from Ethernet. Under poorer signal conditions it gets slower, but I think I've never experienced 10-15 second response even under worst conditions.

So, what are the RSSI levels if you're connecting remotely?

If the issue is with local SSH connections, perhaps something is overloading the router (same can be true for remote). Can you check CPU usage with the top command and RAM usage with the free command and share the output?

by
Hello,

Still having the same problem. The connection seems to work better if the RUT995 is powered up for some time before the connection is attempted. The connection is from a pc connected to the wifi of the unit and is located very close to the RUT995.

The connection is made from a c# program using the Renni.SSH.net library. The connection seems to be made but queries timeout

I have updated to the latest firmware