FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
952 views 2 comments
by
I'm trying to configure a client side of an ipsec tunnel.

The provider of the server request to use as destination address the ip 0.0.0.0/0.

The problem is that once the VPN is enabled I can't access the router through the LAN interface.

Is that a correct behaviour?

Thanks,

Filippo

2 Answers

+1 vote
by anonymous
Hi,

This is not the first time I'm hearing of this so I did a lot of tests in an attempt to reproduce the issue. Using 0.0.0.0/0 in the "Remote IP address/Subnet mask" is not incorrect by itself, but I was able to reproduce server settings that cause the same issue as you have described.

I'm not sure at this point whether it's the exact same thing, for that I would need to see the server's config (but I assume that will be impossible). Nonetheless, I have registered the bug. I will inform as soon as I get a response from RND.
by anonymous
Hi Dziugas,
thank you very much for your kind response.
I can try to ask the server provider to verify its configuration, but as you have already said I think I can do nothing to change it.
Could you still tell me what server configuration settings are causing the problem?

Many thanks,

Filippo
by anonymous
I think the server is pushing the default route via itself to your router's routing table. It's not the server's fault because this is a common practice. Could be that the RUT is not handling the routing correctly. I still don't know at this point, I left it for RND to analyze.

Any additional info would appreciated. Since at this point I don't know if I even found the same bug. :) But the symptoms seems the same.
0 votes
by
None of our RUT devices can do this and doing so will stop all routing functions AND disconnect mobile connection requiring a modem restart.

Something is off on the RUTos