FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
1,315 views 1 comments
by

We use the RUT955 as OpenVPN Client. Sometimes the connection is not possible because the DeviceTime is not correct.

Internet-Connection is limited to the VPN-Server so that the RUT955 might not reach the NTP-Servers. But I've also set the option to save the time to flash. Now if the device is off for a few days the time stands still and isn't correct. What can I do?

If the connection over VPN is established, how can I check if the NTP Update works? 

Update Time can't be set to 60sec?!

I want to use the RUT955 as Client for NTP over WAN and then as Server for the LAN Devices. But the LAN Devices didn't get the time.

5 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Can you use GPS ?

Our see if you can ping the ntp server and restart NTPd with uci maybe?
by
I will test gps.

What is uci ? And how can i ping the ntp server?
0 votes
by
GPS is also not working. Device has a distance of 5 days after leaving it offline for 2 weeks.
0 votes
by
Can you please help me. It is not working and I need a correct time for openVpn.

How can I test if ntp is working?
0 votes
by
I I run into the same problem. If my router is off for any length of time, time stops. I have no access to an NTP server.
0 votes
by anonymous
Hello.

We are checking this issue.

Can some one of you reproduce the issue and send me a troubleshoot file of the device?

System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot File -- Download button.