FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
744 views 2 comments
by
This for a Rural school where will need a Hotspot, but the RUTX11 by default only have a normal AP. thanks in advance.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

Regarding to your question about RUTX11 being a hotspot device the answer is Yes. 

You can configure it on the Services > Hotspot Tab of the Routers Web UI. But if you want to have a data gathering hotspot and wifi analytics hotspot you need to use 3rd party software like the things found on this link: https://wiki.teltonika.lt/view/Hotspot_platforms.

Regards,
Jerome

by anonymous

My version is: RUTX_R_00.01.04.5_single . Is Hotspot is supported in this version?

I do the upgrade to RUTX_R_00.02.00.2_single . But  do not reconize the SIM in this version.

Which party software do you recomend for provide temporary access? for example one hour.

My application will have the Following :

1. 1 AP for School, which will be by MAC filter or user & pwd (Radius)

2. 1 AP for Guest (Temporary use), how can I manage that type?

Please give me your comments. Thanks

Orlando

by anonymous

Hi,

For your use cases it's enough to use RUTX internal radius server/MAC filter. Temporary access(time limit parameter) is configurable Services -> Hotspot -> User groups.

Hotspot configuration itself is very basic, in Services -> Hotspot -> General, select authentication mode - Local. 

In Hotspot -> User groups configure the limitations of hotspot users.

Then in Hotspot -> Local users, configure users & passwords and assign user to a user group.

Regarding the issue of unrecognizable SIM on RUTX_R_00.02.00.2_single, could you PM me with the troubleshoot of your device? Troubleshoot can be downloaded in System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot. Also have you tried to reboot/reset device?