FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,447 views 4 comments
by
I am wondering how to get the data from RUT955 to my PC using C# app  

I have enabled NEMA GPS Forwarding and did a fast test on my VB6 app which listens on port 100   and tried to see if there are any data comes from that port m but nothing worked and no connection has been established at all

Thanks

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Can you please share your router's NMEA configuration? Or better yet, send me a Troubleshoot file via private message? It can be downloaded from the WebUI, System → Administration → Troubleshoot page.
by

here is the file 

https://filebin.net/ok1aecduu3f45s3n

Also I would like to know how the 2 SIM cards can work simultaneously  

I didn't see it can work at the same time 

from what I realized it worked only  the main one and the 2nd one isn't

I am using this modem to allow video streaming from both SIM cards 

both SIM cards have unlimeted data. so, I don't have an issue to keep both of them up and running to guarantee the interent will never go off if one was out of network coverage 

by anonymous

Also I would like to know how the 2 SIM cards can work simultaneously  

No. Only one SIM card can be active at any time. The other one can be configured as a failover for the first one or vice versa.

Regarding your Troubleshoot:

I see that NMEA forwarding hostname is set to 127.0.0.1:100 and there's no Port Forwarding. Why? Is your app running on the router itself?

by
127.0.0.1 was for demo

I used a real ip 192.168.1.102  which was on the same network of the router

Should this connect to Socket on the other hand ( desktop app ) or it should use web socket for example

about the SIM cards  if the first SIM card fails should the second one connects automatically ?

my goal is to keep my video streaming up & running if the 1st SIM fails the 2nd SIM would be alive and no offline appears to my apps

is it possible?

Thanks
by anonymous

Should this connect to Socket on the other hand ( desktop app ) or it should use web socket for example

It can be any TCP or UDP server that's accessible to router.

The original problem was that your VB6 application did not receive NMEA data from the router on port 100. So, does it work with 192.168.1.102:100? If still not, can you do some tests and send me some more files? :)

For diagnostics I would need a tcpdump file and another Troubleshoot. (Both can be downloaded from the same System → Administration → Troubleshoot page.)

About tcpdump:

A tcpdump (pcap) file stores packet data and could provide useful information for analyzing where (if anywhere, in this case) the packets are going. However, by default it doesn't save any information so it has to be enabled and configured first. For your case please configure it like this:

About the Troubleshoot:

It contains the router's logs and configs among some other things. However, the router saves the logs in RAM. Therefore, it is cleared if the router is rebooted. So in order for me to see any related errors, the Troubleshoot has to be taken after an error occurs and before rebooting the router.

I recommend doing everything in this order:

• Configure NMEA (if not configured already)
  • Configure tcpdump
  • Start listening for connection on the app
  • Reboot the router
  • Wait for the router to start and login to the WebUI
  • Check to see if the router has obtained a GPS fix
  • Check to see if the app receives the NMEA data
  • If not, download the Troubleshoot and tcpdump files and send them to me
  • If yes, then there's no issue to diagnose

about the SIM cards  if the first SIM card fails should the second one connects automatically ?

It will not connect automatically by default. It has to be configured first. Info on that here
my goal is to keep my video streaming up & running if the 1st SIM fails the 2nd SIM would be alive and no offline appears to my apps
is it possible?
It's possible, but I must say there will be at least 30 seconds of downtime in between when the first SIM fails and the second one comes online.