FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
2,202 views 5 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I have a Problem with Teltonika Modem (RUT955). It is About sending SMS. It doesn´t  work properly. most of times, I can not send SMS. it waits Long time then Shows TIMEOUT. after trying to send SMS, the mobile Signal directly disappeared and shows disconnected. the sim-card works properly and I have test it using mobile. what are the reasons of this Problem?

thanks very much in advance

Hammoudi

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

First, please upgrade to the latest FW version. (Download from here.)

Second, after upgrade try sending an SMS message. If it still doesn't work, go to the System → Administration → Troubleshoot page and download the Troubleshoot file. Then send it to me via private message for analysis.

by anonymous
Hi,

thanks for the answer.

I have upgraded the FW to the latest version as you suggest but still doesn't work properly.

I also can not send you the troubleshoot file via private message. I am getting this error: 413 Request Entity Too Large

the size of file is 12 MB

Regards,

Hammoudi
by anonymous

Are you sure you upgraded the FW successfully? I'm asking because the Troubleshoot file is usually no bigger than 2 MB. But when you upload the FW before the upgrade, it goes to the /tmp which is also added to the Troubleshoot file, making it much larger that usual.

In any case you can simply reboot the router (this clears the /tmp folder) and download the Troubleshoot file again.

Or you can send me a download link to the current file using WeTransfer.

by anonymous

Not sure. The issue in the link seems unresolved. I'm listing some basic things you can try, the Troubleshoot file could possibly tell me more.

• Check whether SMS storage isn't full. If it is, both receiving and sending SMS stops working. You can check it in Services → SMS Utilities → SMS Management → Storage. Clear up some space if it's full.
  • Make sure you're using the correct APN. Some operators require different APNs for different data/SMS plans. APN can be entered in Network → Mobile.
  • Make sure the SIM card supports SMS. Does the SIM card send SMS successfully from other devices? Can ISP confirm that the plan supports SMS or whether supporting SMS requires some special settings?