FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,398 views 2 comments
by
Hi,

is it possible to configure via uci commands the behaviour for WiFi and mobile data on startup. I have an industrial application, where the user can configure if WiFi and mobile data should be activated on startup or not.

At the moment I use a router of an other manufacturer and I can manage the behaviour on startup for mobile data with the uci command 'uci set network.cellular.auto=0/1'. For WiFi I cannot manage the behaviour on startup for that router.

For the RUT955 I tried to replace cellular with ppp in the uci command, but mobile data is always activated after startup.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Could you please clarify some things. As I understand you want you want Mobile connection and WiFi to be constantly down, until you manually turn them on. Then in case of reboot or similar event, you do not want them to start up automatically again, until you do it manually? Is that correct?

Regards,
VidasKac.
Best answer
by
Yes, that's my problem.
by anonymous

There is no function that would turn off auto startup for mobile connection and WiFi on RUT955, but you can use System > User Scripts to turn them off right after boot. Just add these 2 lines: 

ifdown ppp
ifconfig wlan0 down

After booting, router will execute these commands turning mobile connection and WiFi down, to turn them on you either can go to WebUI System > Network > Mobile and Network > Wireless or use SSH (ifconfig wlan0 up and ifup ppp).

Regards,
VidasKac.