FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
2,223 views 11 comments
by anonymous

Hi,

I have a RUT950 with the latest firmware (RUT9XX_R_00.06.05.3)
I'm used to work with the SMS API from Teltonika with other routers, but this router is not working.

If I try to send an SMS from the WEBui, it works, but from a POST/GET it gives me the +CMS ERROR: 500
I checked and double checked the settings and even used a URL from other Teltonika that is working and ...nothing.

I did a RESET and restarted the configuration from zero and still not working.

Is there any issue with this firmware?
What can I do more?

by anonymous
Had the same issue. My mobile phone prepaid card ran out of money. Telekom network quits to foreward the SMS and returns this fault message.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

No issue with the firmware, just tried to send an SMS via POST/GET on the same FW and it works. Can you share your POST/GET URL and send me a Troubleshoot file via private message? It can be downloaded from the System → Administration →Troubleshoot page.

EDIT: there was a bug that has since been fixed. It will be available with the next firmware release. New firmwares for RUT950 are periodically uploaded here.

Best answer
by anonymous
Hi...

I'm going to send you the file.
The URL is this one:
https://xpto123.ddns.net/cgi-bin/sms_send?number=00351914265190&text=testmessag&username=XXXX&password=YYYY
Answer:
+CMS ERROR: 500

00351 - Portugal

System Log:
Mon Jan 13 11:36:51 2020 local1.info gsmd[2178]: gsmd send: 'AT+CMGS=23' (11)
Mon Jan 13 11:36:52 2020 local1.info gsmd[2178]: gsmd send: '0001000e800053914162150900000af4f29cde2ecfe7e133' (49)
Mon Jan 13 11:36:52 2020 local1.info gsmd[2178]: gsmd get: '+CMS ERROR: 500' (15)
by anonymous
Thank you for file. The URL is indeed correct and I see the error messages in the logs. Unfortunately, I can't figure what is wrong. "+CMS ERROR: 500" literally means "unknown error". I've looked up common reasons why it could occur, but none of them fit your case (since you can send messages via the WebUI).

I know this sounds a bit primitive, but perhaps you could try factory reset?
by anonymous
I allready did it severall times with no luck.
I just solved this problem replacing the router with an older one. It worked in few minutes and it's working (with the older one).

It looks that the API is not processing the digits in the proper way. 00_COUNTRYCODE_PHONENUMBER
by anonymous
Ok, small update: looks like it's definitely a bug on the router. It's already registered on Teltonika's internal systems. I'll inform you when a fix becomes available.
by anonymous
Ok, waiting for updates!!!
:)
by anonymous

Hi,

A test FW with the fix is available. Download it from here.

Note: this is a test FW version only. The fix is not yet included in the master branch FW. I only recomment using this one for tests.

by anonymous
Yes... It works like a charm with that firmware.
Thank you!
by anonymous

Glad to hear it works! The fix will be implemented into the standard FW branch eventually, probably with the next release.

New firmwares are periodically uploaded here. I recommend using the standard version when it comes out.

by
Hi

Download link does not work for me?

I have same problem and want to see if this fix works until next release.
by anonymous

Hi,

Renewed link here