FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
1,705 views 10 comments
by
Can't seem to get GPS going with the latest firmware for the RUTX11. Was working before but doesn't seem to update the map on GPS.

Trying a manual update location doesn't work.
by anonymous

I have the same problem, since I updated to 2.01.1! sad

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Tested with the lates RUTX FW, and GPS is working just fine, I received coordinates and also see a location of the device on map.

Recommend resetting device to default settings and try using GPS then and see if the issue will persist.

If so, please provide what configuration steps did you take untill issue reappears.

by anonymous
I tried the reset to factory. GPS worked.

I then restored my config and GPS does not work. All I have enabled is GPS and Gallileo support. Map of the world is shown but I cannot update.
by anonymous
Hello,

Tested with Gallleo support enabled, it took around ~3min+- for device to receive GPS coordinates but is is working.

Make sure:

- GPS antenna is attached correctly;

- GPS antenna is placed near the window;

- Check if other device can get GPS coordinates in the same location.

As I understand you have tested follwing recommendations, but please try one more time:

- Reset device to default settings by pressing and holding reset button for 5 seconds.

- After reset enable GPS and Gallileo support and see if router will be able to get GPS coordinates.

Also it could be that RUTX WebUI failsa to display coordinates in that case connect to the router SSH/CLI and use following command:

- gpsctl -xie

You should get coordinates and time
by anonymous
I've tried this on 2 seperate RUTX11's and the result is the same. Works on the orginal firmware. But Once I upgrade it, the same issue happens. Running a gpsctl -xie results in a "failed to find gpsd ubus object"

root@Teltonika-RUTX11:~# /usr/sbin/gpsctl -e -d
Failed to find gpsd ubus object
[Severity ] Message
[Error    ] Failed to execute ubus call to query: DATE_TIME
[Crit     ] Failed to query gps information
by anonymous

Hello,

Please provide (PM me) devices troubleshoot file (System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot) when you get "failed to find gpsd ubus object".

by

Hi,

There is definitely something wrong. I can get GPS service running by running gpsd and gpsctl -d -e (several times). But after a simple system reboot gpsd isn't working anymore. Thus location will not be updated on the map (as before).

Error can be reproduced easily: Just set back the device to factory settings, set basic configuration through setup wizzard, enable GPS service (which won't start) .. and there you are (did it several times this afternoon).

P.S.:

gpsd will restart after reboot only when BeiDou NMEA support  ist switched off.

by anonymous
Hello,

As I understand you are using latest RUTX FW? (https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUTX11_Firmware_Downloads)
by anonymous
I'm using the latest as I needed it for radius authentication on the wireless (not the hotspot)

See below, I could reproduce the error. Only way I could overcome this was to manually reconfigure the RUTX11. Resetting and importing the previous config broke GPS. I reproduced this several times. Resetting and putting the config in manually worked and still is working. There is something going wrong with upgrading and the previous config.
0 votes
by anonymous
After a reset to factory defaults and a complete manual reconfiguration, the gps is working.
by

I have the same problem on a just-purchased RUTX11, on which I have upgraded the FW to 02.01.1.  I didn't test the GPS before I upgraded so can't comment on that.  But similar to above, if I do a factory reset, the GPS works; if I then restore the config file I backed up before the factory reset, no GPS, at least not through the Web UI.  I'm a not very techie; I tried to use the CLI but it won't let me login - if the CLI login is not the same (admin+my password) that I use for logging in to the WebUI, what is it?

Found it - why does it have to be root and not admin???

Anyway, same result as above:

BusyBox v1.28.4 () built-in shell (ash)
____ _ ___ ____
| _ \ _ _| |_ / _ \/ ___|
| |_) | | | | __| | | \___ \
| _ <| |_| | |_| |_| |___) |
|_| \_\\__,_|\__|\___/|____/
---------------------------------
Teltonika RUTX series 2019
---------------------------------
root@Teltonika-RUTX11:~# - gpsctl -xie
-ash: -: not found
root@Teltonika-RUTX11:~# gpsctl -xie
Failed to find gpsd ubus object
root@Teltonika-RUTX11:~#
by anonymous
It's root because it's a linux system. admin (in this case) is for http/https logins and you generally want these with seperate username/passwords. root is the keys to the kingdom whereas admin is not.

With regards to your issue, I concur.
1. Original firmware GPS works with new manually entered config
2. Upgraded firmware 02.01.1 breaks GPS with above config
3. Factory reset with 02.01.1 fixes GPS
4. Restore config breaks GPS again
5. Factory reset with 02.01.1 fixes GPS
6. Manual input of settings (same as settings in above config) allows GPS to work on 02.01.1

Bottom line is you can't upgrade to 02.01.1 and take your old config with you with a working GPS. You need to manually put these settings back in and GPS then works. That was my experience!