FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,315 views 2 comments
by

Hi,

We have a simple job to do: to use a SMS sender unit with a small PLC unit to send two SMS messages to two phones. 

The PLC can provide two digital outputs, or Modbus RS485 link to the SMS sender unit. 

A SIM card will be inserted to the SMS sender unit.

• when condition 1 is triggered, the SMS sender unit will send a text message to two phone receivers (i.e. high level). 
  • when condition 2 is triggered, the SMS sender unit will send a text message to two phone receivers (i.e. high high level).

What Teltonika unit to choose for this task? And what's the steps required to set up?

Thanks!

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hello,

You can try using router RUT955 for your solution as it supports multiple inputs and outputs.
RUT955 as well support feature to send SMS messages to multiple recipients once one of its digital input status will change, meaning that router will be able to send SMS once PLC's digital output status will change.
In Teltonika wiki (here) you could find more information about router's inputs, their type, voltage levels and etc.
As well information how to configure inputs rules, which will send SMS, once there will status changes in router's inputs (here).

Best answer
by
Hello,

I have tried with RUT955. It works well for sending two SMSs (high level, high-high level alarms) to two phone receivers.

If more than two alarms to be send, Is it possible to use a compact PLC unit to communicate with RUT955 or other unit (i.e. TRBxxx) for sending different SMS to more than 1no. receivers?

The PLC reads different trigger conditions, and set a PLC's register address to different values, i.e. 1, 2, 3, ....

The SMS sender unit reads the value of the register in the PLC, and use "equal" conditions as cases, for sending pre-configured SMS messages accordingly.

Is this feasible?

Thanks!
by anonymous
Hello, Im trying to achieve the same task using M221 Controller with TRB140 any tips?