FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
2,561 views 9 comments
by anonymous
Hey,

After pushing the latest update to RUT240 (RUT2XX_R_00.01.04.1), my IPSec VPN broke, it never came back online.

Rebooting the router via SMS didn't resolve the issue. Taking tcpdump from other peer l do not even see attempts on UDP 500 and /or 4500.

Internet works fine tho. l will gain TeamViewer access to the host behind the RUT and check it later on what is going on.

Thanks,

Myky
by
Hello Myky,

I am experiencing the same problems,

What rebooted the connection for me was to use the SMS utility, 'password' mobileon

This resets the mobile connection and builds up the vpn. This has to be done after every reboot, who we have on a daily base... so a fix would be nice!

We are using the RUT955 routers.

FransCBN

2 Answers

+1 vote
by anonymous
Hello Myky,

We are already looking into this issue. For now, creating new tunnel will help.
Best answer
by anonymous
Hey,

l have gained access to the local machine and logged in to the device. There was no PSK in the config for my peer.

It looks like upgrade didn't carry over the PSK config file. Re-added the key and VPN was restored.

Thanks,

Myky
0 votes
by anonymous
Hi Frans,

What is your Firmware version and do you got Dead Peer Detection enabled ?
by
Currently on firmware version 00.05.02.7 running on a RUT955

Yes I have it enabled, but the problem still occurs.

After a reboot, I have to send a separate SMS to activate the mobile date and thus the VPN tunnel.
by
Found a kind off fix.

It seems that when I Force the LTE network it keeps connected, until our daily reboot. after a reboot i have to send the command mobileon again.

(Network --> Mobile --> general: Force LTE network: Enable)

This is not needed in FW version 00.05.01.4
by anonymous
And if you don't use Force LTE function do you get the same outcome ?

Also what is your routers product code ?
by
Vimantas1,

When I don't use Force LTE, the connection drops after a time. I did not time it yet, but it is less than a few hours.

currently I have 2 routers on the same FW version, as a test, I stopped to deploy it to the rest of our systems.

product code: RUT955H7VXXX  / Modem : EC25 FW version: EC25EFAR02A08M4G

Batch: 0025

Hardware revision: 0011
by anonymous
Well this is definitely not the IPsec issue and it needs to be analyzed independently.

Does the connection drop with any FW version and are you sure that signal quality is good at the moments when it drops ?
by
Like I said, in FW version 00.05.01.4 this was not a issue.

The problem occured when i upgraded 2 routers to the latest firmware.

As far as the signal strenght goes, I am quit sure it is stable, the routers are not moving or something. The 2 routers are separated in different area's where 1 router is about 100 meters distance from another router with older firmware, that is running fine with no problems.
by anonymous
Hi again,

Would it be possible to get a troubleshoot file when issue appears ? There were no similar issues from others clients so we need to analyze it.

You can encrypt the troubleshoot file and PM me the password.