FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
560 views 1 comments
by
Hello,
I have two RUT955
One is PIDSA117 NS : 1104113409
Other is PIDSA118 NS 1104112942
I have an error message when i do restore on PIDSA118 from a backup file than PIDSA117

I don’t understand what the matter.
I have screen capture if you want.
All is equal on each RUT955.
I received them last week.

I should create one configuration from PIDSA117 and restore it on 9 another RUT955.
I would use Backup/restore to do that.

I used the uci export and uci import yet. But the system configuration is no duplicate.

Do you have some other way to configure some clones from one rut955 ??

Thantks,
Edouard
by anonymous

Are you doing a System Backup? (System -> Administration -> Backup) Note that a backup from here requires the same model number and firmware between routers.

or are you doing a 'Restore Point'? Note that restore points will only working on the same router with the same serial number.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

If both devices PIDSA117 and PIDSA118 have the same product code (it can be checked in Status → Device window) and the same firmware version, there should not be any issues to upload configuration from PIDSA117 device to PIDSA118 via WebUI's System → Administration  → Backup window.
If both parameters (product code and firmware version) are indeed the same, please clarify how are you downloading/uploading backup and provide the image of the error, if you're getting any.
Also, you mentioned that you're using uci export/import commands. Is it mandatory for you to use uci commands? Have you tried WebUI option?