FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
726 views 4 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I'd like to add more mqtt topics to get some more information out of the RUT955.

Mainly, id like to see if the RUT has successfully connected STA SSID. As this router is in a mobile situation, id like to see on a dashboard i have created that the router is connected to local wifi or mobile mode. Essentially showing 'Data Offloading' (This can be done my end). We would just need the WAN2 IP Address sent over an MQTT topic to run this.

Essentially though, all data that is sent out via SNMP, i believe, should be available via MQTT.

Is there anyway to add custom MQTT topics?
by anonymous
Having a large fleet of RUT955, running "official" openwrt. Also connecting to AWS-IOT, via MQTT, using custom LUA code, because of better control about connection, compared to "mosquitto". No problem to access any special mqtt-topics; on RUTOS it should be possible to do it using "mosquitto", at least, in a shell script, for example. PM me for details.

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

We are looking at this and will let you know if this is possible.
by
has there been any progress on this
by anonymous
Hello,

Just got information from RnD, that currently it is not possible to add custom MQTT topics for router monitoring.
0 votes
by anonymous

I just learned from R&D that it is not feasible to use custom MQTT topics for monitoring routers at this time.

coreball

by anonymous

Hi,

What do you mean by custom MQTT topics?

All services allow to set any topic you like except from MQTT publisher where the topics are used to get specific info from the router ar have specific response topics.

MQTT gateway also supports $$SERIAL $$MAC $$NAME variables