FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
2,722 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Using the Teltonika RUT955 - Receiving very slow LTE speeds.

-53dBm Signal

- Down 4.2mbps/ UP 15.3mbps

Ran multiple speed tests along with iPhone XS Max in the same location

-58dBm Signal

- Down 29.2dBm / Up 18.9mbps

I believe both devices have good signal. Both devices use the same APN settings for the carrier.

Network type is configured to Auto, RUT is connected via 4G.

What else can i be missing or could there be an issue with the product?
by anonymous
I have run further tests;

It appears that when the RUT is connected via 3G it gets faster speeds.

Download 14mbps/Up 18mbps

Signal level stays around the same ~53dBm.
by anonymous

I have run further tests again;

I connected another 4G Router to the Wired WAN on the RUT955, Configured load Balancing;

Wired 3/Mobile 2 and the speeds increased a small about. Throughput directly through other 4G modem (Netgear Nighthawk M2) were around 40mbps, speed test through RUT with Wired WAN active was 18mbps. It seems the throughput is bottlenecked in the RUT routing.

Has anyone else found this?

There doesnt appear to be an issue with CPU or RAM maxing out.

Uploads speeds via RUT955 4G connection seem to line up with what id expect for the area that im in, though download speeds are still horrible at around 4mbps.

2 Answers

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hello,

Looking at Netgear device parameters available in their website, it supports LTE Cat20 with 5-band CA and Iphone LTE-A (4CA) Cat16, while router's module uses LTE Cat4 without any CA, thus it is expected that devices with Cat20/Cat16 would show better speed results, as RUTX series routers (Cat6) should also perform better that RUT9 series.
Such factors like signal strength, mobile operator, geographical location could have affect on router's data speed, as demonstrated in following video.

It's also worth checking that there's no data speed restriction added to the SIM card. Have you tried using other operator's SIM card and checking results?
At the end, such basics as checking whether both LTE antennas are firmly attached could have affects.

Best answer
by anonymous

This video is also worth checking: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAkjQ6a2qdc

0 votes
by
The problem is the router itself. I see the same issues at home, testing with wired WAN to my 300/300MBps fiber internet access
15/15Mbps upload/download is pretty much what I can get, this from a computer with cable to the router LAN-ports.

It really is shit performance, and the management is sloooow slooow. This was a real bummer, and will go back to the shop.