FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
692 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

Constantly having connection issues with the RUT955 and iOS devices, in that whenever i request to connect the iOS device spits back im using the incorrect password, which is not true.

I have had this issue present on other wireless networks before but have simply changed the 802.11 Rate and Beacon Controls; DTIM 2G period and DTIM 5G period to  3 & 3. I cant see these options present on the RUT, is there another work around?

I have tried restoring the RUT back to factory defaults and reconfiguring keeping it very basic. One thing i can note is that the speeds are much better over 3G than 4G. The RUT seems to want to sit on 3G as opposed to 4G, even though 4G signal is -53dBm currently. I have tried enable force LTE, with reconnect interval at 300s. 4G still seems to be slower...

3G reports download speeds of 13mbps

4G reports download speeds of 4-5mbps

Yet other LTE devices, iPhone, iPad obtain speeds of 30mbps+ on the 4G (LTE) network.

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hello,

I would like to see what happens when you trying to connect to wireless. Try connecting to Wi-Fi with iOS products several times and then generate a router troubleshoot file and send me via private message.

LTE speed may depend on the band to which the module is connected. Smartphone and routers can be connected to different bands, and therefore speeds may vary. If the router is connected to a band different from the smartphone and the band load on the base stations is high, then the LTE speed may be significantly lower than 3G. I suggest you try to select the same LTE band in your router as your smartphone uses. Go to NetworkMobile and below page Network Frequency Bands select Connection method Manual. Now you can select LTE band.

by anonymous
Strangely the issue seems to have gone away, if it occurs again, ill be sure to send through troubleshoot file.