FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
913 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Hello. I have a situation: 1xETHERNET PPOE WAN1 - WAN2 GSM LTE
I am setting up the IPSEC tunnel. Is it possible to make a failover for an IPSEC tunnel? one tunnel from the WAN1 interface and the other WAN2 - only dynamic switching between them.

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Out of the box, i dont believe so
0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Do you want two IPsec instances created and, for example, first is active when mobile interface is active and the second tunnel becomes active when mobile connection drops and switches to wired?

Also, which Teltonika router are you using?
by

I use RUT950
I would like to do this - that I have one instance - ipsec starts depending on where the default route is.
If it uses wired access, there is a tunnel on it
After switching to GSM, he should put himself up using GSM - as if when switching between links the IPSEC service restarted.

by anonymous
In your current configuration you are using wan failover from Mobile to Wired or are you using load balancing?
by anonymous
Because I just tested IPsec with failover from mobile to wired, and it is working as expected. Ipsec automatically reconnects through other interface.