FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
412 views 1 comments
by anonymous

Hi there,

I always got an error message that the formatting is incorrect of my csv file for the "serialnumber" 
Serial format is incorrect for serial

If i start the csv file with MAC adress it shows the same error that the mac adres is incorrect so i dont understand whats wrong.

Mac format is incorrect for mac

Can you help me debug whats going wrong here, or is the system not working at all?

I can send you the csv file by private message, but even the demo file wont work anymore and gives this same error message.

ADD DEVICES FROM FILE

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I tested this function and I was able to add devices from the list successfully. I used a text editor to create CSV file and used such format in the file "00:1E:00:00:00:00,serial,DeviceName".

In RMS I used these settings:

If you still won't be able to add devices successfully send me your CSV file via private message.

Best answer
by anonymous
Indeed creating a csv file in a notepad will work. Thanks for your quick reply.

Hereby I place a feature request to support excelfiles csv and .xls files as well?