FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,028 views 7 comments
by
We have a WAN interface on the RUTX11 which uses the 5ghz wireless in client mode. We use this to connect to our corporate wireless when the vehicle is on premise. This is our prefered primary connection and 4G is our secondary.

Looking at the failover menu, we can't seem to get the wireless interface listed (it only lists WAN & Mobile Interfaces)

Is there a way to do this?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
i was unable to get failover working in this manner, what i could get working was a load-balance between wifi-STA and mobile sim.

You need to set mobile WAN as your main (otherwise the modem sleeps) and then STA as your secondary.

Under load balancing, balance heavily to the wifi (10) and small (2) to the mobile WAN.

This worked quite nicely for me, very little data gets used over the mobile data.
by anonymous
Thing is.... I can't even see it in the failover/load balancing options.

All I have is:

WAN (wired)
Mob1s1a1 (Sim1)
Mob1s2a1 (Sim2)

Whereas my WAN interfaces have:

WAN (wired)
Mob1s1a1 (Sim1)
Mob1s2a1 (Sim2)
WWAN <<< my wireless client connection. This is what is not showing for failover.
by anonymous
Is the STA currently connected?
by anonymous

Try go into Load Balancing and edit the existing policy. See if you can add the wifi interface into the load balance policy.

I know your running RUTX11 but hoping it should be similar to the RUT955?

by anonymous
No, it's not currently connected and hasn't connected yet as it needs to come back to base for that to happen. Maybe that is the issue?
by anonymous
Thats plausible, though other WANs are displaying there that technically arn't connected either.
by anonymous
I've just created the same on another RUTX11 and the new interface went in fine. This one was connected and it appeared in the failover/load balancing as expected.

I can only assume that the connection must be connected prior to it showing in failover/load balancing.
by anonymous
Just tried adding the wirepless client connection and it registered in the failove/load balancing menu this time. Not sure whether it was because I connected to the wireless this time as opposed to just adding the connection without connecting last time.