FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,213 views 6 comments
by anonymous
Tried upgrading to the new f/w and as a consequence my Python script which receives data from the RUT955 NMEA, is having the connection constantly closed, after receiving a string of data.

I have set "Contain connection" to ticked, rebooted the RUT955 and it still is doing the same thing.

What gives?

4 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

please generate the troubleshoot file and send it to me via private message. Go to System → Administration → Troubleshoot.
by anonymous
Hello,

according to the troubleshooter and backup files you sent me I tried to replicate the issue and the GPS is working. By your configuration, it sends me string data every 30 seconds. Perhaps you could try resetting your router and reconfiguring it? Then try restarting your GPS again.
by anonymous
Yes it does send the GPS data every 30 seconds, but then closes the connection immediately. What is the point of this flag "contain connection", if it doesn't keep the connection open?

I have this issue on two of the RUT955 routers, and only since upgrading the firmware to 06.05.3. Previous firmware was fine.
by anonymous

Just a further update. I have reset the configuration on the RUT955 back to factory defaults and setup no other services other than just the NMEA forwarding.

Using the Linux standard netcat command, so taking my application out of the loop, I get the following:-

uniport@raspberrypi:~$ nc -l -k -v -n 17051
Listening on [0.0.0.0] (family 0, port 17051)
Connection from 192.168.1.1 36493 received!
$GPRMC,095200.00,A,xxxx.xxxxxx,N,xxxxx.xxxxxx,E,0.0,0.0,050220,3.0,W,A*2E
Connection from 192.168.1.1 36494 received!
$GPRMC,095230.00,A,xxxx.xxxxxx,N,xxxxx.xxxxxx,E,0.0,0.0,050220,3.0,W,A*21
Connection from 192.168.1.1 36495 received!
$GPRMC,095300.00,A,xxxx.xxxxxx,N,xxxxx.xxxxxx,E,0.0,0.0,050220,3.0,W,A*2A

So to summarise, with the RUT955 back at factory defaults, no other services configured/enabled, "Contain connection" is ticked, NMEA forwarding to my device and using a Linux standard command to capture the data, I still get connection closed after each NMEA sentence.

+2 votes
by

Yeah it happened to me, 2 of 3 my RUT955 have this issue, and no way to fix it, just you'll need to use this  firmware - RUT9XX_T_F1835_00.06.05.20_WEBUI and we'll need to wait a new firmware which doesn't update since november

by anonymous
Indeed, this is the only firmware that fixes 99% of gpsd problems.
0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Before that you mentioned on RUT9XX_R_00.06.04.5 is closing connection. Now I tried with the latest firmware and got the same issue. I am forwarding this issue to RnD for investigation. I will inform you as soon as the solution is available.
by anonymous

I wonder if RnD have had a chance to examine this problem. The latest f/w seems to also exhibit the same behaviour FW ver.: RUT9XX_R_00.06.06.1

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

The next firmware release will fix this issue. At this time, I can share with you a test firmware in which this issue does not occur. You can download test firmware from here

by anonymous
Thank you Marius. Because it's an earlier release that than 06.06.01 I had been running, it has wiped my settings, however I am pleased to report that it is functioning well and has cured the issue with the GPS closing the connection. I will leave it on test for the next week or so, just to make sure there were no unforseen issues arising.