FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
922 views 5 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

I want to make an pptp connection between rut240 and rut950.RUT950 master will work. RUT240 client will work

B.R.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Yes it should work, it does not matter if RUT950 or RUT240 is server it should work both ways, just make sure that Server side has public IP

Best regards,
VidasKac.
by anonymous
Is there a file you can share as an example?
by anonymous

Hello,

If not only one router has Public IP set up PPTP server on it if both have it then it does not matter which one you will use.

In WebUI go to Services > VPN > PPTP choose Role - Server add a name for it and click Add New

New instance will appear in Tunnel name list click on Edit button

In Instance settings window:
1. Enable instance [v].
2. Set local Server IP 
3. Set remote devices' IP range.
4. Set User name.
5. Set Password.
6. Set PPTP Clien't IP (I would recommend leaving it empty and client will get first IP from previously set range in this example 192.168.0.21)
7. Press Save

For Client side in same place in WebUI create Client instance and again click Edit on it in the list then:
1. Enable instance [v].
2. Enable "Use as default gateway" if you want to direct yours internet traffic through PPTP server
3. Enable "Client to client" if you wantyour client devices to be able to reach each other (if you will add more client devices)
4. Enter Servers Public IP.
5. Enter User name, that You previously created in Server side.
6. Enter Password that you previously created in Server Side.
7. Press Save

That's it. soon yours PPTP tunnel should be up and you should be able to ping one router from another using their tunnel IP addresses (in this example Server - 192.168.0.1, and Client -192.168.0.21)

Regards,
VidasKac.

by anonymous
Thanks VidasKac. I will try now
by anonymous
Don't we do zone forwarding?
by anonymous
You should not need to, firewall rules should be created automatically, but of course you can double check it if yours tunnel is not getting up.