FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
939 views 1 comments
by anonymous

Hello, I am using a RUT955 (Serial 1104102188, firmware RUT9XX_R_00.06.04.5). The router receives sensor data from a microprocessor via the RS232 every hour. These data files are then sent to an FTP server. It works well.

Here is my question about this:

Is it possible to send an SMS message to the router (e.g. a "V" for a version query)? This V should be forwarded through the router to the serial interface (how can I do that?). The microprocessor connected to the RS232 of the router receives the message, evaluates it and sends an other text message back to the RS232 of the router.

This text should then be sent from the router to a mobile phone via SMS.

Is that possible and how can I do that?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards

Bernhard Himmel

University of Rostock

Institute of General Electrical Engineering

D-18059 Rostock

Phone: +49-381-498 7090/7089

Fax:   +49-381-498 7081

URL: http://www.iae.uni-rostock.de

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

To achieve this functionality it’d be needed to write a custom program or script.

First it’s needed to check for new messages, it can be done using command:

gsmctl -S -l

After receiving the SMS, SMS text should be filtered for specific keyword, if specific keyword is found then send specific query to microprocessor via /dev/RS232 device.

At this time RUT955 should be listening to /dev/RS232 device for answer and if it’s received then send SMS message to specific phone number using command:

gsmctl -S -s, "<NUMBER> <TEXT>
by
Hi,

I'm looking to do a similar thing with my RUT955. Is there an example script for this?

Thanks,