FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,137 views 3 comments
by anonymous
I am setting up a RUT955 (running 6.5.1) with a main Mobile WAN and failover Wired WAN. I need to always access the device over the Mobile WAN and access the Wired WAN when it's available. This is because I have 2 IPSEC VPN configured and for each VPN to work, I need those 2 WAN interfaces active.

When I disable failover, I can access the device on 4G, over the Mobile WAN. When I enable failover and select the Wired WAN as failover, I can't access the Teltonika over the Mobile WAN.
by anonymous

https://community.teltonika-networks.com/11836/dual-ethernet-wan 

Ok so Dual WAN is not possible, but if I set the Mobile WAN as failover and Wired WAN as main and the Wired WAN is disconnected, will it automatically failover to the Mobile WAN?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

To answer your question:

Ok so Dual WAN is not possible, but if I set the Mobile WAN as failover and Wired WAN as main and the Wired WAN is disconnected, will it automatically failover to the Mobile WAN?

Yes. And when wired WAN is operational again, it will switch back to wired.

by
Ok, I changed the Health Monitor to WAN Gateway, as there is no internet access in the setup and it was configured to check for 8.8.8.8 I believe.
by
So the setup seems to work. On the Wired WAN I have set the Health monitor interval to 30seconds, ICMP host for WAN gateway, ICMP timeout 10 seconds, 10 attempts before failover and 3 attempts before recovery.

Is it recommended to add an extra failover option on the Mobile WAN? I have set the Health monitor interval and ICMP host to disable.

However, it seems to failover for no reason. Is there a way to troubleshoot?