FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
397 views 0 comments
by

Hi,

i have two RUT955. They have a different device code.

Is it possible to change the device code in the backup-file without any complications?

Under ..\etc\config\system option device_code the code is stored. When i changed this in the backup-file i can upload this backup to another RUT955 with a different device code. So far everything has been running smoothly on this router.

So can I do this for all routers? The routers all have the same firmware.

Best regards

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello!

It is necessary that the device code on which the backup file is installed coincides with the device code from which it was taken.

Regards, Aliaksandr!
0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

Yes it’s correct that by changing device code information in \etc\config\system it’ll become possible to upload a backup configuration but do this at your own risk.

Different device codes indicate differences in HW, usually LTE modules, so by uploading a backup meant for device with different LTE module it’s possible that issues with mobile data connectivity might arise sooner or later.

I’d recommend to create identical backups for each device unique device code, it’s a little bit tedious task but no issues will arise in the future.