FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
900 views 6 comments
by
Hi!

I have event reporting rules for failover situations (for Switch to main & Switch to failover) and I'm trying to send it via email. Ok, I use Gmail account and I've enabled "less secure apps". I manage to send the test email with no issues BUT when I unplug wan connection, nothing happens. I do get SMS event report rule to work at the same time. How come test email works but not the real deal?
by anonymous
So i can try help you further, is this an alert that has been setup through RMS?
by
I did it through device management, not through RMS
by anonymous
Could you please post a screen shot of your "Even Reporting Config" page?
by

Screenshot here

2 Answers

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hi Tomi,

I did some tests and for me WAN failover event reporting works fine.

Please check the firmware of your device. Upgrade it to “RUTX_R_00.02.01.1”.

Create new “WAN Failover” event (WebUi -> Services -> Events Reporting) and for Event Subtype set “ALL”.

Double check your Gmail account settings (WebUI -> System -> Users&Recipients -> Email Users). I recommend use SMTP server port - 587, Secure connection - ON.

by
Firmware is upgraded and I have used 587 secure connection
0 votes
by

Here's and image of my config

by anonymous

Try using port 993 on your outgoing smtp server if you're using imap.gmail.com    

Also its worth trying a different client to make sure its not the gmail end. Gmail are notorious for blocking third party apps, its got me a few times with CCTV systems etc.