FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
485 views 3 comments
by

Hello,

Since three years ago we're working with RUT230 000E000 APs in order to use the wifi interface for scanning purposes.

Two months ago we started to buy the new RUT230 001E000, and problems are starting to appear. 

Basically, we're having issues with the wifi interface. After two weeks scanning with no problems, some routers doesn't see any kind of result when scanning, while other routers next to them, see without problems.

Even resetting to the defaults makes no difference. Since the wifi starts failing, there is no way to return to the original state.

Is there any open issue with that? Can someone provide any pointers on how to address this problem?

Regards

by anonymous
Which wifi band are you using 2.4ghz or 5 ghz? How many RUT's do you have in close (wifi) proximity to one another?

What bands can your scaners use? 2.4 only or 2.4 and 5ghz?
by
Hello, I've answered in a separate comment, can you check it please? Regards

1 Answer

0 votes
by

Hello,

We're using 2,4Ghz band. Right now we have three RUT's together. They were two originally, but we have put another one because the broken one. I've attached an screenshot that shows the difference between the data scanned between routers.

The three are equally configured.

Here you can see how is the drop magnitude.

The purple line, corresponds to the new router that we've installed.

Compared three profiles

We've seen this behavior in 6 routers +/- (from the 30 that we've installed around Europe last month). Considering that we will potentially buy a lot more of these models, we're scared that the situation gets out of control.

by
Ok, what channels have to set the 3 Access Points on? I’m guessing you have not changed the channels?

Change 2.4ghz channels

AP1 - Channel 1

AP2 - Channel 6

AP3 - Channel 11

This should stop any channel overlapping which is what I think is occurring here. Try that and let me know.